Kevin Ollie Joins the Most Extraordinary Ordinary Podcast | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Joins the Most Extraordinary Ordinary Podcast

Reaction Score
The Most Extraordinary Ordinary Podcast by Antoine Perry on Apple Podcasts

Enjoyed listening to this podcast featuring KO. A lot of venom towards KO these days, some likely justified, but this podcast reminds you how likable he seems when you get him talking about life, basketball, adversity and religion. Loved his discussion of the '11 and '14 national championships, and his honest reflection on this past season. Talked very positively about the upcoming season too.

No one is perfect, everyone has to live and learn. Hopefully KO finds a way to overcome these past few seasons and translate his optimism into on-court results. He's got my support, for sure.

pj

Reaction Score
The Most Extraordinary Ordinary Podcast by Antoine Perry on Apple Podcasts

Enjoyed listening to this podcast featuring KO. A lot of venom towards KO these days, some likely justified, but this podcast reminds you how likable he seems when you get him talking about life, basketball, adversity and religion. Loved his discussion of the '11 and '14 national championships, and his honest reflection on this past season. Talked very positively about the upcoming season too.

No one is perfect, everyone has to live and learn. Hopefully KO finds a way to overcome these past few seasons and translate his optimism into on-court results. He's got my support, for sure.

Website here:

Reaction Score
Yes, thank you for posting this conversation with KO.

KO sounds like he's keeping it real, being genuine.

Reaction Score
You guys remember the on-court interview KO did after beating Mich. State to start the APR ban season??? Had the entire team group together for camera, showing pride for UConn. Was one of the best memories / proudest moments as a UConn fan, and I think it really embodied the connection KO wants to have with his players.

Yes, he must've messed up somewhere down the line . . . but the difference between that post-MSU moment and this offseason (transfers, firings, de-commitments), from perception of the program standpoint, is stark. Jarring, if you consider how quick it happened.

Reaction Score
Really good interview.

Some takes: "self taught", "they want to be here", "appetite for getting better"

Good stuff

You could also read them as subtle shots at the departing players. It's not a stretch to infer that guys like Enoch, Durham, and Jackson weren't the hardest workers or terribly self-motivated to improve.

pj

Reaction Score
You could also read them as subtle shots at the departing players. It's not a stretch to infer that guys like Enoch, Durham, and Jackson weren't the hardest workers or terribly self-motivated to improve.

Not sure Jackson falls in the same category as Enoch and Durham. Seems more a case of him or his dad overestimating his abilities and wanting to find a place where they could be showcased.

Reaction Score

The "self taught" use was more along the lines of when he was playing basically seemed to be saying they teach you a lot but you need to grasp it and work on it yourself too in order to be everything you want to be. We've had a few miss that boat I think over the past couple of years.

Reaction Score
The "self taught" use was more along the lines of when he was playing basically seemed to be saying they teach you a lot but you need to grasp it and work on it yourself too in order to be everything you want to be. We've had a few miss that boat I think over the past couple of years.

It's a combination of low basketball IQ and low motivation.

It's surprising that KO -- who as a lunch-pail guy himself thrived on basketball IQ and willingness to work -- didn't come to appreciate the importance of those things as a coach until now.

Reaction Score
It's a combination of low basketball IQ and low motivation.

It's surprising that KO -- who as a lunch-pail guy himself thrived on basketball IQ and willingness to work -- didn't come to appreciate the importance of those things as a coach until now.

Not fair to say he didn't appreciate them I don't think. He just recruited kids who didn't fit the profile and he learned while they were here. Hence why some played so few minutes and I doubt he's unhappy with a couple of the departures.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom