Kevin Ollie is Special!! | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie is Special!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WE all had our concerns when JC left the program..but,

KO IS THE DOC RIVERS ON NCAA HOOPS!!!

From the day he took this job he has exceeded all of my expectations in every way. More than anything his infectious belief in his players and their relationship is incredible to me. To watch the players and their coach interact shows the level of respect and admiration the players have for him. His genuine enthusiasm is contagious. His halftime interviews give me chills and i cant imagine how well he connects with the team in the locker room at halftime ..

I am truly grateful to have a man of this character and capabilities as the coach of this team. IN my mind he is the coach of the year both last year and this year.

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness/p.../2014-03-30/mbk-502-uconn-postgame-conference

MY fear now is that we may lose him to the nba... haha.

go huskies

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not worried about him leaving for the NBA. This is his home and he knows that better than we do.

I also remember pointing out some time ago not to underestimate what a point guard, especially one who played for Larry Brown in the NBA has learned about X's & O's.

Reaction Score
WE all had our concerns when JC left the program..but,

KO IS THE DOC RIVERS ON NCAA HOOPS!!!

From the day he took this job he has exceeded all of my expectations in every way. More than anything his infectious belief in his players and their relationship is incredible to me. To watch the players and their coach interact shows the level of respect and admiration the players have for him. His genuine enthusiasm is contagious. His halftime interviews give me chills and i cant imagine how well he connects with the team in the locker room at halftime ..

I am truly grateful to have a man of this character and capabilities as the coach of this team. IN my mind he is the coach of the year both last year and this year.

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness/p.../2014-03-30/mbk-502-uconn-postgame-conference

MY fear now is that we may lose him to the nba... haha.

go huskies

You and others may have had concerns but me personally, i had none. I trusted coach Calhouns decision to hand this team over to KO and believed we wouldnt skip a beat as far as being an elite program for years to come even if we had a tough season or two while KO learned on the job. Turns out it didnt take long at all. We are soooo damn lucky here. i think we`ll all have time to reflect on that once the season is over.

Reaction Score
You and others may have had concerns but me personally, i had none. I trusted coach Calhouns decision to hand this team over to KO and believed we wouldnt skip a beat as far as being an elite program for years to come even if we had a tough season or two while KO learned on the job. Turns out it didnt take long at all. We are soooo damn lucky here. i think we`ll all have time to reflect on that once the season is over.
Champs... well i envy your resolve..
given the APR issues and post season ban in addition to players leaving and a HOF coach leaving .. i was concerned. it is awesome for the program that fans like you kept faith. Myself.. I guess I was not so sure...really until last year and seeing how the players interact. If you watch our players vs other teams its clear that we have something special.

Watch our post games both during the season and now on NCAA.com during the tourney and when our players leave the table they slap hands and hug our coach.. watch Syracuse and all other teams - nothing...

he is the man......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET