Kevin Ollie Goes West To Punch Up UConn Men's Basketball Offense | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Goes West To Punch Up UConn Men's Basketball Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Roscoe wold have fit in well with this style. Shame. I hope this holds up and isn't a JC "we're pressing" comment that falls away after 5 minutes.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Roscoe wold have fit in well with this style. Shame. I hope this holds up and isn't a JC "we're pressing" comment that falls away after 5 minutes.
I agree. I was a lot more disappointed to see Roscoe leave than Alex.

I think Ollie will try to employ this system to offset the lack of "bigs". But quickness is only one part of the equation.

Nadav was an example of someone who lacked speed relative to other players on his team. But no one was better than him on that team in anticipating where passes were going, and being aware of what his own team mates were doing to know when he could hedge from his position.
I would have to say that Lyman Depriest and the junior Kemba Walker were also excellent at this.

Ricky Moore and SN are excellent examples of players who could contain dribbling. The junior Kemba was terrific at this as well.

I'm not sure there was a better guard than Kemba his junior year who played such tenacious defense on the perimeter and still was outstanding at getting defensive rebounds.

I felt SN's defense was less effective last season from his previous season. The stress fracture explains a lot.
Ryan is lightening quick, but teams can easily handle him with picks so other players will have to step up to account for this. My bet is Calhoun will be effective defensively and Neils has shown some flashes. This is where I wish we had Roscoe. He was very good defensively although he frequently looked lost in the full court press. But in the half court he was great.

If the team can't figure out who presses the guy with the ball and who sets up off the ball and do so reflexively then the full court press will be abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom