Kevin Ollie donates $100K to Basketball Development Facility. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie donates $100K to Basketball Development Facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The funny thing is, i think KO genuinely cares about the practice facility. I dont think hes the type of person to donate $100,000 just for show and to try and stick it to Manuel.
He wouldn't think of "sticking it" to WM. He not that kind of person... he's much better. He's doing it for UConn, period.

Reaction Score
Why can't we just appreciate the gesture and the symbolic impact for which it was intended?Whaler/ace boon, since $100k didnt impress you, what amount would have been worthy of appreciation?

Where did I say his donation didn't impress me? I was correcting the notion that KO had to survive off of minimum contracts and actually did quite well for himself during his playing career. Maybe next time you make a reach like that you should pause before you post.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Wow - for the two of you who called me out did you see the line: "Is it significant? Hell yes."

I totally appreciate the contribution and realize it's significant. I was just trying to point out he's not living off his NBA money and still generates plenty of income.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Wow - for the two of you who called me out did you see the line: "Is it significant? Hell yes."

I totally appreciate the contribution and realize it's significant. I was just trying to point out he's not living off his NBA money and still generates plenty of income.
Yeah, I saw it, just think it was douchy to even go there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think you're missing the point or at least going in a direction you shouldn't. When I say $100K is college education for one of his children I meant it symbolically, not literally that by giving to the basketball facility he's depriving his kids of college. I could have said, a Mercedes Benz or some other high dollar purchase.

I don't care how much money he's earned. How many people do you know that would donate that amount of money especially in this economy? We have hundreds of posters on the Boneyard and I'm sure some are quite well off and we came up with $30K in total. Not chump change but just to put it in perspective to anyone trying to minimize the $100K from one man.
$100K is serious money.

Only minor disagreement is that $100K is a conservative estimate for a college education. More like $200K+ without aid or scholarships. Crazy.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Where did I say his donation didn't impress me? I was correcting the notion that KO had to survive off of minimum contracts and actually did quite well for himself during his playing career. Maybe next time you make a reach like that you should pause before you post.

I read your comment as dismissive. Thanks for the clarification. Many more Uconn guys have made a lot more than $20M. I'd be impressed if they collectively gave $100k. Maybe some have anonymously.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Wonder if UConn matches charitable donations made by its employees.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure his contract is prorated so he's not making the full 700k

Reaction Score
Rudy Gay makes about that in one season. Just saying........

Why are you goes going there with this? One poster said KO was getting by on minimum contracts and non guaranteed deals, he's then corrected that Ollie actually did well and had guaranteed contracts, there was no insinuation on my part, I doubt there was any on whaler's part either.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why are you goes going there with this? One poster said KO was getting by on minimum contracts and non guaranteed deals, he's then corrected that Ollie actually did well and had guaranteed contracts, there was no insinuation on my part, I doubt there was any on whaler's part either.

Yeah I just pointed out he wasn't scraping by on 10 day deals the whole
way. Very generous gift to program no matter what he made.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Wonder if UConn matches charitable donations made by its employees.

No. It's employees are state employees. The state doesn't have that kind of money.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great gesture by KO. I only see this as a class act by a class guy. He is Huskie blue all the way and that is something we are very fortunate to have going for this program.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
considering what KO made in his nba career this is a very impressive donation. once he/we all force warde to sign him longterm i hope he takes that donation and challenges all our nba guys to match him % wise to what they make. game on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom