Kevin Ollie Could "Get the Dog Out' of Quentin Snider if he Chooses UConn | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Could "Get the Dog Out' of Quentin Snider if he Chooses UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
sounds like the dad is really high on UConn...

Could 99 or 3 let me know the status on where we stand with 2014 PG? Is Snyder our best bet? Who's our highest priority?

Reaction Score
I know it's obviously a Uconn-centric article, but that's about as positive as it gets.

Interesting that Ollie has told the Snider's about their concerns with Samuel but apparently isn't selling them on the whole "We really need you because Boatright will be gone" angle.

Reaction Score
sounds like the dad is really high on UConn...

Could 99 or 3 let me know the status on where we stand with 2014 PG? Is Snyder our best bet? Who's our highest priority?
Snider is definitely option 1 right. Out most realistic options right now are Snider and Devin Watson. I would much rather have Snider than Watson as I think everyone else would agree.

Reaction Score
I know it's obviously a Uconn-centric article, but that's about as positive as it gets.

Interesting that Ollie has told the Snider's about their concerns with Samuel but apparently isn't selling them on the whole "We really need you because Boatright will be gone" angle.

FWIW, there was a tweet last week from a NY based reporter that said Samuel's HS coach said he was all set to attend UConn after finishing summer school, can't actually find it now tho.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Assuming Perkins is out of the picture as we are all speculating now, Snider would be a great pick up. If Snider is a no-go, then I think we hold out for an elite 2015 PG, but that's just my humble opinion.

Not sure what Ollie sees in Watson, but he must see something. No other elite school is interested as far as I know.

Reaction Score

I don't see how Samuel's situation matters. Snider would start at PG ahead of Samuel, or would be first off the bench behind Boat and ahead of Samuel anyway.

Reaction Score
He is our only pg who could start after a year. The rest are ca like guys. Good to have but not plan your offense on. .. perkins is out

Reaction Score
I don't get how you can say this without having seen either of the two play a game. You guys get way too hype off of rankings.

And we are likely going to play smallish ball under Ollie. He is a fan of the two point guard system just as JC was. I love the idea of having both of them on the court together. The more ball handling and good decision making on the court the better.

Reaction Score
I get the feeling that IU and UCONN are the leaders for Snider, so as long as IU gets whitehead and doesn't offer then we should be able to get him

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You have to love Ollie. As the results come on the court, his recruiting will only improve.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I don't get how you can say this without having seen either of the two play a game. You guys get way too hype off of rankings.

From what I saw of the Samuel highlight reel, (taking highlights with an appropriate grain of salt) he does not exactly seem like a slouch. Very good first step and vision. If his scoring is at issue, it seems to me that we do have some very good scorers and we won an NC with Taliek who couldn't shoot a lick.

Reaction Score
From what I saw of the Samuel highlight reel, (taking highlights with an appropriate grain of salt) he does not exactly seem like a slouch. Very good first step and vision. If his scoring is at issue, it seems to me that we do have some very good scorers and we won an NC with Taliek who couldn't shoot a lick.

Much like Taliek I agree and surround him with a real nice group of players and he'd be fine.............I do like Snider too though!! Kind of a Siva with a little less quickness but a better shooter.........

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Plus we seem to have decent luck with NYC point guards, don't we?

I'm rooting for Samuel bigtime. Though I definitely hope we're able to get Snider as well.

Reaction Score

I agree, his shot needs to be re-worked, but I know he'll be at least capable of getting into the lane and delivering the right passes, his vision and passing ability is at a very high level. It wouldn't suprise me if he turns out to be a KO/TB type, as long as you have scorers on the wings and/or finishers inside that will work at the PG spot just fine.

Reaction Score
His father’s perspective is very healthy considering who Q's competition will be next year at PG @ UConn (the senior Ryan Boatright primed like the finest grade A beef for All American honors). Many parents just don't keep it real usually when going public with comments about their loved ones. This intelligent parent obviously received an honest assessment from KO related to Q's prospects for 2014-15. It is possible a few haven't been overly enthused with QS in general as a husky prospect (not just myself). Q. all of a sudden may be growing on some of us like a beautifully glazed pistachio nut on the side of a Ken's Steak House tossed salad surrounded by 5 stars ready to be eaten by fleudy, mauconn, ctbasketball, fishy, e. san diego and husky99.

Bypassing all the 2014 PG prospects and holding out for 2015 was my initial hope and still is! As we all know the Snider team bailed on Ville after reflecting on the Terry Rozier/Chris Jones duo signing extravaganza. Chris Jones is geared up (after leaving the Vol's high and dry) to start for Ville at PG the next 2 years and Rozier was the perceived incumbent instead of Snider (unfortunately recruited over before he showed up on campus to meet Pitino's horse Goldencents).

Memphis could turn out to be a sleeper in the Snider recruitment depending on what happens with 2013 PG "Pookie" Powell's eligibility. Pastner will be selling the "Pookie" may be leaving Memphis bill of goods ad nauseam to Mr. Snider and Q in the hopes they buy it hook, line and sinker. Looks like Mr. Snider will be a better poker player and not buy that line of BS. Giving good ol' Joshie boy the finger while running straight into the open out stretched arms of KO. That will make uconn3 happy as a clam on a Cape Cod beach at high tide after eating 5 STAR chocolate Chunky-wu ice cream (Fairfield Prep's very own) at the UConn Dairy Bar.

All JMHO of course! :)

Reaction Score
His father’s perspective is very healthy considering who Q's competition will be next year at PG @ UConn (the senior Ryan Boatright primed like the finest grade A beef for All American honors). Many parents just don't keep it real usually when going public with comments about their loved ones. This intelligent parent obviously received an honest assessment from KO related to Q's prospects for 2014-15. It is possible a few haven't been overly enthused with QS in general as a husky prospect (not just myself). Q. all of a sudden may be growing on some of us like a beautifully glazed pistachio nut on the side of a Ken's Steak House tossed salad surrounded by 5 stars ready to be eaten by fleudy, mauconn, ctbasketball, fishy, e. san diego and husky99.

Bypassing all the 2014 PG prospects and holding out for 2015 was my initial hope and still is! As we all know the Snider team bailed on Ville after reflecting on the Terry Rozier/Chris Jones duo signing extravaganza. Chris Jones is geared up (after leaving the Vol's high and dry) to start for Ville at PG the next 2 years and Rozier was the perceived incumbent instead of Snider (unfortunately recruited over before he showed up on campus to meet Pitino's horse Goldencents).

Memphis could turn out to be a sleeper in the Snider recruitment depending on what happens with 2013 PG "Pookie" Powell's eligibility. Pastner will be selling the "Pookie" may be leaving Memphis bill of goods ad nauseam to Mr. Snider and Q in the hopes they buy it hook, line and sinker. Looks like Mr. Snider will be a better poker player and not buy that line of BS giving good ol' Joshie boy the finger while running straight into the open out stretched arms of KO. That will make uconn3 happy as a clam on a Cape Cod beach at high tide after eating 5 STAR chocolate Chunky-wu ice cream (Fairfield Prep's very own) at the UConn Dairy Bar.

All JMHOE of course! :)
Are you doing a HuskyfanDan inpression?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Who let the dogs out? Kevin Ollie, apparently.

This kid sounds like a winner, hope we land him. If not, things may be iffy at PG for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom