Kevin Ollie bashing?? Why would you ever bash him?? | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie bashing?? Why would you ever bash him??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see some of these posts and threads and it's about bashing Kevin Ollie??

Why would you ever bash him??

Do you guys realize what we have in him?

He's a top 3 young coach in the nation, how many NBA teams have been trying to get him each offseason?

He has continue JC's brilliance, I wouldn't want any other way, and with a top 10 recruiting class coming in as well as high flyer Larrier this team is gonna be dynamite next year.

Mr. Ollie please don't ever leave us!!!

Ollie
Shaka
Gregg Marshall

Best 3 young coaches in the nation.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong Husky fan who attended the Dom Perno basketball camp, I agree 100%. Ollie gets his team to buy in to his system just as Jim Calhoun did, and he does it in a way that makes me glad to bring my son to Gampel the way my Dad brought me to the field house.

We are so lucky to have a coach who makes our team and our State proud whenever he steps on the court. He develops great young men (not just great players). The shots will sometimes fall and sometimes rattle out, it is what the coach embodies throughout which earns the respect and admiration of his team.

Thanks Coach Ollie, during NCAA years and NIT years, in good luck and bad luck.

Ten toes in from this fan!

Reaction Score
The problem is we didn't see ANY of that tournament caliber talent we knew we had all season long. You could see it in the Cincy game. Even if JA's miracle shot didn't go in I would've been content with the performance cuz we've been dying to see that fight from our boys.

Reaction Score
If your team struggles and the coach doesn't get at least questioned, if not criticized or bashed, it means that your fan don't expect you to win (or you don't have fans). Nobody likes to be criticized, but I'm sure KO prefers the expectations and fan excitement over indifference. KO made some questionable moves this year and our results were pretty poor for periods of time and inconsistent over all. I didn't see anyone (of note) calling for his head, just questioning the direction of the team.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong Husky fan who attended the Dom Perno basketball camp, I agree 100%. Ollie gets his team to buy in to his system just as Jim Calhoun did, and he does it in a way that makes me glad to bring my son to Gampel the way my Dad brought me to the field house.

We are so lucky to have a coach who makes our team and our State proud whenever he steps on the court. He develops great young men (not just great players). The shots will sometimes fall and sometimes rattle out, it is what the coach embodies throughout which earns the respect and admiration of his team.

Thanks Coach Ollie, during NCAA years and NIT years, in good luck and bad luck.

Ten toes in from this fan!
Great post, totally agree with everything you said.

Men, we have to remember we just won the NCAA tournament 2 years ago, are we serious bashing him??

He's done a phenomenal job.

Who was the last coach to takeover after a iconic coach and won a title 2 years later? Maybe Tubby, and he's a very strong coach, just brought Texas Tech to the tourney, plus Tubby did it with Pitino's players who already won big before him he came.

His first and second season is some of the best coaching jobs ever.

Comes into a situation with all these awful sanctions including postseason ban and scholarships taken away.

As well as 5 players transferring out.

What does Ollie do?? Gets 20 wins in his first year.

What does he do his second year?

Wins the title as a 7 seed.

The people who are bashing him, wake up.

Ollie you are amazing, if my son is ever good enough to play at that level it would be an honor for you to be his coach no matter if you are at Uconn or somewhere else.

Stay classy and stay with the Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
I hate posts like this more than the fire Ollie posts. At least I get people are frustrated and that's why they're posting fire Ollie. These... I just don't get it.

Reaction Score
scape·goat
ˈskāpˌɡōt/
noun
a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom