Kevin Ollie and staff recruiting today | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie and staff recruiting today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was a senior in High School when it went Co-Ed. Back then, there used to be a ton of lonely hot exchange students from Europe who went there. We would get invites to parties and, ahem, show them around New Haven.

Quinnipiac 'College' was still about 60/40 female when I was in high school. In the spring, used to stumble across a lot of co-eds relaxing around the more remote sections of Sleeping Giant when I went on hikes, smoking, drinking, and sunbathing. Used to say I was in college at SCSU/U New Haven, etc. under the old axiom, fake it til you make it.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Quinnipiac 'College' was still about 60/40 female when I was in high school. In the spring, used to stumble across a lot of co-eds relaxing around the more remote sections of Sleeping Giant when I went on hikes, smoking, drinking, and sunbathing. Used to say I was in college at SCSU/U New Haven, etc. under the old axiom, fake it til you make it.
Ted Bundy, is that you??

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was a senior in High School when it went Co-Ed. Back then, there used to be a ton of lonely hot exchange students from Europe who went there. We would get invites to parties and, ahem, show them around New Haven.
Hence the nickname "Albertus Mattress" back in the day...

Reaction Score
UNC also watched Waters last night. Still no offer from Duke, UNC, or Kansas (who watched him last month). Seems like he's waiting on an offer he hasn't gotten yet, but I've always loved Waters' game.

Reaction Score
Would be nice to see one of my old neighbor's players come to UCONN... Almost happened with Mo Harkless but de-committed, ended up doing a one and one at St Johns.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Would be nice to see one of my old neighbor's players come to UCONN... Almost happened with Mo Harkless but de-committed, ended up doing a one and one at St Johns.
Is Harkless in the NBA?

Reaction Score
@Matrim55 isnt the word that MAL is a mortal lock , so much so that other coaches aren't really putting in the legwork to see him? That being the case waters probably wants no parts of being behind Gilbert, Adams and "x" pg recruit.

Reaction Score
@Matrim55 isnt the word that MAL is a mortal lock , so much so that other coaches aren't really putting in the legwork to see him? That being the case waters probably wants no parts of being behind Gilbert, Adams and "x" pg recruit.
That's the word, yeah, but I don't actually think that the PG spot will be overly crowded for that long since, when the 2017 class gets there, Adams will hopefully be a junior with early entry expectations.

After that it would leave 3 PGs on the roster (Gilbert - Jr.; MAL & Waters - So.), and given our history I suspect KO could plausibly sell recruits on the notion that 2 of those 3 will be on the court at all times. That means for Waters' final three years (and he's a 4-year player, no question) he'll be getting starter's minutes for his hometown team, which just so happens to have national title pedigree & expectations.

Waters, fwiw, is a 3-point marksman. None of Adams, Gilbert or MAL has that rep.

Is the above scenario likely? I doubt it. But I don't think it's out of the question.

Reaction Score
Waters just picked up a Virginia pick on the crystal ball. Take that however you'd like.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You know you are old when you call female classmates "co-eds".

Reaction Score
You know you are old when you call female classmates "co-eds".

Uh, try reading my post again. I wrote, "When it went Co-Ed." In other words, it was an all-girls school. Not an all-boys school. In this case, the boys would be the Co-Eds.

Reaction Score
Any of our recruitniks have a feel for where we stand with Waters, and where he stands with us? @Zionn or @tcf15 or @husky99 or @3uconn want to weigh in?

I still die a little any time a top Connecticut kid picks a different school. I know we have other, potentially better PG targets lined up for 2017, but I'd still love to get Waters.
It's annoying that Heron never even really considered us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom