Kevin Ollie - A Big Mistake | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie - A Big Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Guys, I know we're excited and all but I can't help but think Ollie is making a huge mistake here.

What kind of precedent is he setting? The bar is too high. In his first postseason he allows his team to make the final 4? Next thing you know he'll let 'em win the whole thing. Big mistake.

Coming from someone who has over 30 years of making sure you never overachieve, lest the expectations get out of hand ... take it easy Kevin! Slow down. I don't think the state of Connecticut has what it takes to put up with another 25+ years of success.

Reaction Score
wtf is wrong with that? Motivation / developed skills / coaching / etc

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still want to know what happened to Freescooter.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
FfldCntyFan said:
I still want to know what happened to Freescooter.

He's only here for the "important" stuff.

Reaction Score
Guys, I know we're excited and all but I can't help but think Ollie is making a huge mistake here.

What kind of precedent is he setting? The bar is too high. In his first postseason he allows his team to make the final 4? Next thing you know he'll let 'em win the whole thing. Big mistake.

Coming from someone who has over 30 years of making sure you never overachieve, lest the expectations get out of hand ... take it easy Kevin! Slow down. I don't think the state of Connecticut has what it takes to put up with another 25+ years of success.

...signed Coach Boeheim.

Reaction Score
This certainly won't help Ollie's character development. I'm not sure he can handle adversity...

Reaction Score
The nerve of coach Ollie. Getting the Huskies into the Final Four in only his 2nd year as a coach? Who does he think he is, Billy Donovan or something? Whatever happened to baby steps. Jeez :)

Reaction Score
What's really weird is that I can't think of another coach who could take this collection of players to the promise land.

It ain't like he's working with the fab 5.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Thanks for the concern, Coach Boeheim.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
What's really weird is that I can't think of another coach who could take this collection of players to the promise land.

It ain't like he's working with the fab 5.

James A. Calhoun. Unless you mean current coaches...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He's hangin with william shea
That's funny, because I bumped into them today:
loneliness.jpg

Reaction Score
James A. Calhoun. Unless you mean current coaches...
As great as he was, I really don't think Calhoun could have done this in his 1st Tourney with this group. Not saying Ollie is a better Coach just that he motivates players like no other.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
As great as he was, I really don't think Calhoun could have done this in his 1st Tourney with this group. Not saying Ollie is a better Coach just that he motivates players like no other.

I can agree with that. To be honest, and I know it's sacrilege here, but I have been underwhelmed with Ollie's Xs and Os abilities, but he makes up for it by cultivating a culture of togetherness and camaraderie like nothing I've ever seen before. He's also a fantastic recruiter. He can always learn how to draw plays on a whiteboard better, but you can't teach the ability to connect with people and motivate. You either got it or you don't. Ollie's got it. I don't know what Coach Calhoun would have done with this group, but I'd like to think he could have molded them to the unit they are today.

Reaction Score
I made a big mistake criticizing him as much as I did this season.

The guy is just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel