Kevin Nathan All American? | The Boneyard

Kevin Nathan All American?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The NBC30 news had a graphic stating Kevin Nathan was an all american DB in college.

I'm assuming it's true - but are they trying to make him as unlikeable as possible. Because he doesn't need any help.

Reaction Score
The NBC30 news had a graphic stating Kevin Nathan was an all american DB in college.

I'm assuming it's true - but are they trying to make him as unlikeable as possible. Because he doesn't need any help.

D3 @ Dickinson College as a safety. Was it just a random graphic?

Reaction Score
Dickinson College or Farleigh Dickinson 1-AA?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
D3 @ Dickinson College as a safety. Was it just a random graphic?

He was covering the Wesleyan game so Joe referred to him as a d3 all american and during the story the graphic at the bottom of the screen said : Kevin Nathan - d3 all american db

Reaction Score
from the NBC website:
Kevin graduated from Dickinson College in 1990 with a degree in English. During his college years, he was an accomplished athlete, playing for Dickinson on its football and baseball teams. In 1989, the Red Devils went undefeated for the first time in 52 years. Kevin was named a Division III All-American at safety after intercepting a school record 10 passes. He also served as captain for the school baseball team for three years.
He is from Bedford, N.H., and went to high school at Phillips Andover.

Reaction Score
Since I'm guessing KN knows about this thread maybe one of 'his people' can clarify which AA team he's talking about. Will give the man the benefit of the doubt because Division III record keeping is haphazard but there were two D-III All-American teams he was not on the first team of in 1989: coaches and SID teams nor his he listed as a Dickinson All-American here Pages 155. Are we talking second or third team? Honorable mention? A now-defunct organization or one that hasn't gotten around to posting their teams online?

Regardless, the Division III references have been annoying but tolerable through the years. Think the repeated mentions Saturday (by others, not Nathan) were juvenile and someone's idea of an inside joke (Well we never cover DIII games so let's pump up KayNay to get some cred). Totally unnecessary. ESPN has roundtable discussions where they flash people's resumes/bios, but this wasn't the same thing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since I'm guessing KN knows about this thread maybe one of 'his people' can clarify which AA team he's talking about. Will give the man the benefit of the doubt because Division III record keeping is haphazard but there were two D-III All-American teams he was not on the first team of in 1989: coaches and SID teams nor his he listed as a Dickinson All-American here Pages 155. Are we talking second or third team? Honorable mention? A now-defunct organization or one that hasn't gotten around to posting their teams online?

Regardless, the Division III references have been annoying but tolerable through the years. Think the repeated mentions Saturday (by others, not Nathan) were juvenile and someone's idea of an inside joke (Well we never cover DIII games so let's pump up KayNay to get some cred). Totally unnecessary. ESPN has roundtable discussions where they flash people's resumes/bios, but this wasn't the same thing.

The guy had 10 interceptions and they were undefeated. He drives me nuts but good enough for me.

You are right they were having fun with him - likely for the same reason he drives us nuts.

I can only mock to a point. My life is so boring I was watching.

Reaction Score

Now he didn't play big time football, but that doesn't stop him from making a lot of comments as if he played big time football (even though he always starts off with the full disclaimer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom