Kevin Durant considered UConn | The Boneyard

Kevin Durant considered UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I haven't posted in a long time, but when a story this unimportant comes along, I feel that it is my duty.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Repost. The search feature is your friend.

Reaction Score
UT has a reputation as a football school, but they support their basketball program too. Barnes is a good recruiter. Their bball arena is a great college bball venue. and Austin (6th street) is probably one of the best college towns in the country.

Reaction Score
I remember KD said he chose Texas for the weight training facility and strength and conditioning coach. And yes KD visited UConn. The rumor was he told Tom Moore that he would commit to UConn. Phil Chardis of the JI even had an article saying sources say he was committing to UConn. Shortly thereafter he committed to Texas.

Reaction Score
I remember KD said he chose Texas for the weight training facility and strength and conditioning coach. And yes KD visited UConn. The rumor was he told Tom Moore that he would commit to UConn. Phil Chardis of the JI even had an article saying sources say he was committing to UConn. Shortly thereafter he committed to Texas.
That UT weight training program really bulked Durant up, lol.

Reaction Score
That UT weight training program really bulked Durant up, lol.
Agreed. How much time do you really think he spent with that strength coach for the few months he was on campus?

"The strength coach was a big part of my decision," he added. "He showed me the facilities, the program and what he's been able to do for former players. He impressed me more than the other strength coaches."

Reaction Score
The kid was 17 at the time. Priorities were likely much different then. I'd say it worked out just fine for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom