Kevin Duffy article on realignment | The Boneyard

Kevin Duffy article on realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Kevin-Duffy-When-UConn-becomes-part-of-Power-5-4691054.php

Nothing earth shattering to this board. We all know we're in a tough spot and need some type of movement.

I agree, nothing new. However, contrast that article with Desi Lou at the Courant who does not want to call ESPN a second time to ask if they will have an AAC blog. He said they never called him back. It reminds me of years ago my asking him about UConn trying for AAU status. He said, excellent question, I'll ask the powers that be and get back to you. Still waiting.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
This article had one interesting idea:

"Then again, maybe The American could restructure its TV deal if it is included in the highest football division."

Will the leagues that find a way to stay in whatever the college top flight division is be able to command better media deals solely based on that? I mean, if "Division 4" is a more exclusive club than theoretically a D4 league could be worth more. I guess? Not that ESPN has much incentive to rework the AAC's ridiculously low deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom