Kerith Burke...is this 'new news'? | The Boneyard

Kerith Burke...is this 'new news'?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Matt Buckler of the JI reports that Kerith has had only a couple of free lance jobs out west this past year and was considering giving up her broadcasting hopes. BUT...she has just landed the job of being sideline reporter
for the Golden State Warriors for the upcoming season.

Congrats to Kerith!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Very good news. Kerith did a no-no by leaving SNY with no job lined up in a contracting industry. She was very candid about that journey. Great news for a very likeable sports caster.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Marvelous. Clearly, Steve Kerr is looking to pick Kerith's brains on how to play basketball the Geno way. I think this will lead to GS having an undefeated season as they go for the 4peat. Kerith does not even have to change the questions. "How do you guys feel winning 100 in a row? Did you think you could win 4 NC in a row? Are you guys good for Mens Basketball? :mad:" Also, look for Durant to get more info on how Stewie plays the game. I see big improvement there.

Reaction Score
We know the inequity around sports, that often (not always) it's an attractive young woman with minimal knowledge of the game that gets picked to do these things. In this case, it's an attractive young woman who is really, really smart and entirely deserving. Really miss her and wish her the very best.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't call her young being well into her 30s.

If that outstanding reporter is in her 30s I'd love to pick her brain as to how she looks to be 25.

I already get League Pass and now, as if I needed more reasons to watch GSW, I will happily be watching late games.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Matt Buckler of the JI reports that Kerith has had only a couple of free lance jobs out west this past year and was considering giving up her broadcasting hopes. BUT...she has just landed the job of being sideline reporter
for the Golden State Warriors for the upcoming season.

Congrats to Kerith!
I am more concerned at the fact that someone who was that good at her job and likely has incredible references would have a hard time finding a broadcasting job..... How?

Reaction Score
If that outstanding reporter is in her 30s I'd love to pick her brain as to how she looks to be 25.

I already get League Pass and now, as if I needed more reasons to watch GSW, I will happily be watching late games.
You can already see how she looked at 25 - just google her mug shot.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wouldn't call her young being well into her 30s.

Age is relevant. When you're in the age range of most of us here in the yard, anywhere in the 30's is young. Some of us are 30-60 years older than her. As far as we're concerned, she still has Similac on her breath. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
sounds like Ros Gold-Onwude's former job...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She'll be busy:

"In addition to her sideline duties, Burke will provide coverage across the network’s signature programs – “Warriors Pregame Live,” “Warriors Postgame Live,” “Warriors Central” and other NBA programming. Burke will also present original content throughout the season across various social media platforms."

From @j66kicker article cite above. It is a great opportunity and I hope she hits it out of the park.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
sounds like Ros Gold-Onwude's former job...
It is Ros's former job. Ros has moved up to Turner Sports.

As the article notes, Kerith went to the same university as Klay Thompson. That should allow for some bonding.

Kerith was always prepared, articulate, and personable in her SNY work, plus her looks didn't hurt.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I am more concerned at the fact that someone who was that good at her job and likely has incredible references would have a hard time finding a broadcasting job..... How?

1. The traditional media (radio, TV, newspaper) are downsizing their staffs in order to perk up the profits. Long term, this might not be smart, but it bumps up the bottom line in the near term.

2. Media jobs are often filled from inside. Being on the outside can be a severe disadvantage.

3. Younger talent or less experienced talent has little leverage as to compensation. A veteran pro typically costs more.

4. Some performers have limits on certain work conditions, and take themselves out of the running because of them. (e.g. not working nights).

5. While likely a non-issue for Kerith, the involvement and opinions of sponsors can erase otherwise solid talent from the hiring plan.

I hope this is helpful.

Reaction Score
Always felt it was only a matter of time before Kerith was truly discovered and reached Doris-Burke-like-magnitude.

Like Doris, she's smart, prepared, and no-nonsense. Unlike Doris, she's in no way shrill and instead of trying to imprint herself on the event, she subtly enhances it.

Go Kerith.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom