Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Kerith is too beautiful not to have her picture with this topic:

Burke1.jpg

Reaction Score
Wow! This is absolutely fantastic. Truthfully, I wasn't going to bother, but I was eating lunch and needed something in front of me. I urge everyone to read the entire interview. This is really, really someone of high intelligence and character.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice - will miss her on SNY, I thought she was very good, learned very quickly and interacted well with the players and coaches. Hope she does get another broadcast job with a high profile as I think her 'voice' offers a good perspective in a world that can use it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Wow! This is absolutely fantastic. Truthfully, I wasn't going to bother, but I was eating lunch and needed something in front of me. I urge everyone to read the entire interview. This is really, really someone of high intelligence and character.
thanks for encouraging to read... I'll read later, if I remember

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
She was good for SNY, and vice versa. She is, I believe, much more than merely attractive.

Part of the picture however, for such young and energetic reporters is the errosion of audience, coupled with declining profits for the "old" or traditional media of the 1980's. Down-sizing and layoffs are all too common. The newer media have grabbed a significant audience share, even though often lacking a consistent business model to supply revenue.

A member of my family was an award-winning sports writer, who left his medium-market newspaper job to move to corporate web-based media. And the amount of his resultant salary increase wasn't at all mind-shaking, but he had been almost ridiculously underpaid. What I want my fellow BY'ers to know is that a first-year groundskeeper at your local park makes more per year than most of the reporters (sports and otherwise) at your local paper. I am not disparaging the groundskeeper, but instead seeking to provide a reference point. The situation in traditional broadcast industries is about as bad, or perhaps worse.

When we appear to be demanding or hypercritical about sports journalists, it might be well to remember that we are getting the quality we pay for, or in some cases much more quality than we pay for. In many ways, reporters like Kerith give us their quality as a gift. People of her skill and dedication are becoming scarce. That's one reason I appreciate her work.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
cool interview... hopefully she becomes her own employer or she'll be moving around often. Take the Howard Stern route or they learn to appreciate her voice/opinion

Reaction Score
I thought she was a stunning beauty and very capable interviewer while at SNY.

I hope she gets something great out on the west coast.

Reaction Score
I went to high school with a a girl named Cherith. Her father was a pastor and took from the bible. Beautiful name.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS