OT: Kentucky vs. Kansas | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky vs. Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can I fill out my bracket now, this Kentucky team looks unstoppable?

Granted, Oubre and Alexander are on the bench with two fouls, but this Kentucky team looks as good as advertised despite their little blunder in the first half against Buffalo

Reaction Score
Kentucky looks scary good.
7 blocks in the 1st 10 minutes against Kansas.
Kansas looks like a beaten team already and they are #5 in the country.
if we see kentucky, I hope it's not until the Final 4.

Reaction Score
and gd i really really dislike coach Cal.
seems like espn shows him during the game every 5 seconds :mad:

Reaction Score
I heard Buffalo was getting out in transition. Their only weakness might be that the Bigs cant run. Boat, Purvis, Big Balls Jr on the break might be able to get buckets.

Reaction Score
WeAreUCONN said:
Kentucky looks scary good. 7 blocks in the 1st 10 minutes against Kansas. Kansas looks like a beaten team already and they are #5 in the country. if we see kentucky, I hope it's not until the Final 4.

Kansas is slow or lazy tonight, not sure which.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Kansas needs the ruby red slippers to get out this nightmare.

Reaction Score
Oubre falls off to the right on free throws and jumpers almost like a pitcher falling off to one side after throwing a pitch.

Reaction Score
Don't look now, clawing their way back

Yup, thanks to a real 3 taking advantage of a 4 trying to play the 3. That's the tradeoff for the absurd size and it's what will probably kill the platoon system in the end.

Reaction Score
UK is ridiculous defensively. Reminds me of when we went Boone, Hilton, and Rudy across the frontline. Except UK is going two deep at each spot. I think they are fairly average offensively, but they will dominate the boards against most teams and that will make up for it.

Reaction Score
I heard Buffalo was getting out in transition. Their only weakness might be that the Bigs cant run. Boat, Purvis, Big Balls Jr on the break might be able to get buckets.

Their bigs can run. Cauley stein and lee run the floor like guards. Towns and lyles can run too. The only slow one is dakari Johnson.

Their weakness is that their only perimeter players are the Harrison twins (we saw what a good backcourt can do to them) and a 5-8 freshman pg

Kentuckys defense is insane though. Going to be hard to score on them. Teams are going to need to get out in transition and knock down outside shots (neither of which kansas is doing.or even trying to do.. Bill self looking at you).

With that said this kansas team is way overrated. They have no outside threat and no point guard. So no way we're they going to beat ky. I've seen a number of mock drafts with selden in the top 10 which is insane to me. I don't see it. Duke would've been a much better matchup. They're a lot better than I expected.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
This Kentucky team still wouldn't be able to handle a solid dose of Uconn defense/ ball pressure. I still don't see the ball handling that can handle our guards getting up into jerseys. Their length would be their down fall against us. Go Huskies !!!

Reaction Score
Kentucky is huge and great at protecting the rim, you don't want to get them in a half court game. Perimeter ball pressure, transition and outside shooting is how you beat them.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is really, really good but this Kansas team is really overrated.

Reaction Score
Eight points this half for Kansas so far. 11-48 from the floor. They just can't get a decent look at it from inside the arc.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is really, really good but this Kansas team is really overrated.

I'm not sure how you can say they're really overrated. They just cannot create any decent scoring opportunities against this defense. I don't think UConn would be scoring from inside 15 feet either. KU's got more capable interior scoring than Connecticut does and they're helpless.

caw

Reaction Score
Kansas has guard issues if anything. Self seems to be more overrated than Calipari.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how you can say they're really overrated. They just cannot create any decent scoring opportunities against this defense. I don't think UConn would be scoring from inside 15 feet either. KU's got more capable interior scoring than Connecticut does and they're helpless.
they cant score inside because they have no outside game. If you cant drag the defense out then you wont score inside. Easy.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is ridiculous, but KU's guard/perimeter play is weak like I expected. Don't understand why CBB media was rating their backcourt so high, I don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom