Kentucky vs Duke | The Boneyard

Kentucky vs Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Duke are lighting up Kentucky 37-19 with 3:30 left in the first half.

Reaction Score
I know McCallie will get no love, but she has done a pretty good job with a team that entered this season with a LOT of question marks.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope #0 for Kentucky is ok. She took a nasty fall just now.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Duke is significantly more talented and dangerous than Kentucky. I'm a wee bit nervous for the upcoming matchup with them.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Is Duke's defense that good or is Kentucky not as good as advertised?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Rocket009 said:
Is Duke's defense that good or is Kentucky not as good as advertised?

The latter

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kentucky plays tenacious defense. Better than Duke's defense to my untrained eyes - all energy and effort in getting into the passing lanes and disrupting Duke. The problem is Kentucky is not maintaining it for the entire 30 seconds, and Duke is just playing some really good offense to expose the pressure. At least that's my armchair QB perspective. Very impressed by Duke. Not a fast or quick team, but long and athletic and very solid...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Given how Duke almost beat, and arguably should have beaten, South Carolina, and given the way this game is playing out, UConn should be wary of Duke come December 29.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I dunno....that 9-39 shooting for UK may also be playing a role.....
Playing a role in what? Most of their shots were not high degree of difficulty shots. Duke is solid defensively but not spectacular.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Given how Duke almost beat, and arguably should have beaten, South Carolina, and given the way this game is playing out, UConn should be wary of Duke come December 29.
Honestly, I was more worried about ND than I am about Duke. Not saying they can't hang with us for a period of time, like Depaul did for the first 10-12 minutes, but if UCONN wins by less than 20 I'll be surprised... I think UCONN is longer and more athletic than Kentucky and that will match up better with Duke's size...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In the score. You spoke of UK's defense versus Duke's offense. I think UK's poor shooting is a big factor, and has been a typical factor for their team the past 2-3 seasons, regardless of who they play.....
Oh gotcha. One other thing I noticed is a lot of their offense seems to be predicated on turnover for defense. and not just turnovers that lead to half court offense, but those that result in steals and run outs. I think they keep games close because of their tenacious defense which masks a really poor shooting team with not a lot of offensive options... Of course i've not seen enough of their games - that's my general impression after seeing a few...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oh gotcha. One other thing I noticed is a lot of their offense seems to be predicated on turnover for defense. and not just turnovers that lead to half court offense, but those that result in steals and run outs. I think they keep games close because of their tenacious defense which masks a really poor shooting team with not a lot of offensive options... Of course i've not seen enough of their games - that's my general impression after seeing a few...

Mitchell has the Holly problem. Unable to teach effective half court offense. He has hired a variety of assistants with the hope that they could (and fired them just as readily). A couple of former assistants have portrayed him as a Captain of the Caine sort of individual.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
We don't have a "More Scores" thread: UNC is leading Elon by 3 at the halftime....
UNC wins but give them a break they lost thi
We don't have a "More Scores" thread: UNC is leading Elon by 3 at the halftime....
UNC won give them a break they lost ther Diamond.

Reaction Score
They showed the Stewart family in the stands earlier. Glad Stewie is playing well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
First time seeing Kentucky in person... ... that coach Mitchell is a madman on the sidelines.. .. very entertaining though

They showed the Stewart family in the stands earlier. Glad Stewie is playing well.

The Stewart family was in the stands at the Duke game ? I didnt see them..... but then again... I have no idea what they look like ;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
First time seeing Kentucky in person... ... that coach Mitchell is a madman on the sidelines.. .. very entertaining though

The Stewart family was in the stands at the Duke game ? I didnt see them..... but then again... I have no idea what they look like ;)

I call Mitchell, "the whiner". He and Andy Landers also continue to keep Brylcream in business since Gene Keady ended the combover.

Reaction Score

I don't know to what extent Stanford's size played a part in UConn's poor performance
at Maples. As I mentioned in another thread, Duke will be the first team with size that
UConn has faced since the loss at Stanford.

If Duke can hang with UConn it will give me cause to be more concerned about the
South Carolina game. We will see how it goes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Duke is a top 4 team, IMO. They had two losses without Williams and then barely lost to SC in her first game back. Stevens gives them a weapon they haven't had since Iciss Tillis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom