OT: - Kentucky Legislature passes bill to shore up KFC Yum Center finances | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky Legislature passes bill to shore up KFC Yum Center finances

Reaction Score
The old thread was locked, so I had to post an update here.

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisvil...e-passes-bill-to-shore-up-kfc-yum-center.html

But Scott Brinkman, Gov. Matt Bevin’s executive cabinet secretary, told the Senate budget committee Thursday that U of L has agreed to pay $2.5 million more per year toward arena debt, in addition to other payments it already makes.

Brinkman also said the measure is meant to be a permanent fix for the arena's finances, according to the report.

I get a feeling that it's not coming out of Jurich's budget. Otherwise I think we would have heard him screaming about it.

For the backstory:

Jurich threatens to leave Yum! Center and build on-campus arena due to 'criminal' rhetoric - Insider Louisville

Reaction Score
Kentucky Legislature passes bill to shore up KFC Yum Center finances

I expected to see "hookers now available at arena concessions".

Reaction Score
Kentucky Legislature passes bill to shore up KFC Yum Center finances

I expected to see "hookers now available at arena concessions".

A Villanova guy ought to know....

Mark Sargent, Dean of Villanova Law School

Mr. Sargent, who resigned as dean in 2009 after published reports linked him to a prostitution ring, hasn’t been charged with any crime. He could not be reached for comment.

On Monday, Villanova released a statement saying that at the same time Sargent resigned, he informed school officials of his connection with the investigation being conducted by Pennsylvania State Police. The university said it accepted his resignation.

Less than a week after Mark Sargent’s abrupt resignation on June 29, when he cited personal and medical reasons, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported that Sargent was apparently patronizing prostitutes. Citing a report from the state police, the Inquirer reported Sargent was one of two customers who provided information that culminated last week in a no-contest plea by the man promoting the business. The Inquirer said Sargent was a customer at a Kennett Township house suspected as a site for prostitution when police raided it Nov. 25. He was not charged.

Reaction Score
A Villanova guy ought to know....

Mark Sargent, Dean of Villanova Law School
What do you expect from a lawyer? We should have higher standards for athletes.

Crab legs, anyone?

3c86b01103d1f5d5f1dab8d7f3d9a5bca33d404da8d865531d6f3ab0a336c24b_large

Reaction Score
When I was in college, a guy ahead of me in line had put a wrapped steak under his shirt....at the checkout, the clerk noticed that he was bleeding and called the manager over to help (with the guy protesting it was just a cut).

Not a crab leg guy myself...I do like a good steak....I always check for leakage before sticking it under my shirt.

Reaction Score
When I was in college, a guy ahead of me in line had put a wrapped steak under his shirt....at the checkout, the clerk noticed that he was bleeding and called the manager over to help (with the guy protesting it was just a cut).

Not a crab leg guy myself...I do like a good steak....I always check for leakage before sticking it under my shirt.
Was he on the basketball team or the football team?

Crab legs and steak are best together. Better than steak and lobster.

Reaction Score
nope...the young guy was a poor student wishing a better meal than he could afford, I reckon.

I think that the guy was certainly less larcenous than that Villanova Law School Dean, the one who got caught with prostitutes...That didn't hurt the school, but when it turned out that his administration had fraudulently faked Law School admission data for years to falsely bolster Villanova's program rankings....that has cost the school millions.

For those who haven’t been following along, an investigation revealed that former Villanova administration officials misrepresented the median LSAT scores and GPAs of incoming Villanova students. The deceit took place for many years. Investigators later found that Villanova also falsely reported the number of admission offers extended to Villanova applicants.

I can't imagine how Nova kept this guy from being poached by UNC.

Reaction Score
I think that the guy was certainly less larcenous than that Villanova Law School Dean

Like I said... lawyers.

It was so cold in Philly this past weekend I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom