Kentucky fans say they are better at 4 positions than Uconn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kentucky fans say they are better at 4 positions than Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kinda like last year? When we beat 'em twice? I'm pretty sure they were better at each position then too.
i was going to post the same thing. i'll be very happy if Kentucky never wins anything significant while the Squid is there.

Reaction Score
LOL Gotta love the trashtalking from a virulent fanbase. But the essential point was made above. Didn't they have the advantage of the better team (on paper) last year and didn't we beat them early in the season before everything jelled and then in the NCAA's when both were cooking and playing well? What's the point of the comments? Who cares who wins the beauty contest? I care who will win a head to head match-up of the teams and I like our chances a lot better now.

Reaction Score
Even if they are better at 4 spots we have a coach with 3 National Championships. Ask Duke if having 12 McDonalds all-americans has worked out well against us.

Reaction Score
Davis is a lot better shooter than Drummond. Maybe a shot blocker too not sure about that though. Davis played high school out here in Chicago in a horrible division. His team was horrendous. I am pretty sure they were under 500. Now it wasn't his fault but just really gonna be a big step up for him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If I'm Kentucky, I worry about a team with size down low. Anthony Davis is a rail, and Jones isn't filled out either. If we play in the NCAAs, I would get the ball to Drummond and Oriakhi all night.

Reaction Score
Terrence Jones is filled out man. He was listed at 245 or something last year.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Better at 4 positions?

Too bad all 4 positions are on their knees

You beat me to this post. I wonder if they also enjoy being spanked because that is what is going to happen if they run into the Huskies this season.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Just read both UNC and UK's board. Both fan bases are crazy, but what can you expect. they love their teams and high school basketball ratings. UNC fans kind of surprised me though with the hating on the Drummond move and the championship run. I'll point out that their run last year only came because the ACC was so weak as it is this year and they also took advantage of a weak NCAA field before bowing out in the elite eight. " Ol' Roy" even knows his team is suspect look at this year's schedule (very weak for a pre-season no. 1) and they can't make it up in conference play. I'll put our current roster vs. any other big -time school and love my chances.

Reaction Score
the only guy i like on their team is tjones. he gave us trouble in both games last year but he nullified it by missing free throws which killed them in the f4. i just think while unc,osu,uconn and uk have a similar level of talent uconn is the one team that has proven itself when theyre backs are against the wall. these other fans keep saying we dont have kemba to hit the big shots when we need it but i ask whom do they have? uk best player as i mentioned choked at the line last year and those other teams havent had any players win big games for them either. so its a question for us but is just as much a question for them. atleast our team has been in those situations and knows what to expect.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
I respect TJones for playing hard, but I don't see Ultra Talent . In the NBA he's Anthony Mason not bad, but not great. Jones has more rise but also young legs.

Reaction Score
anthony+davis.JPG

Sam02.jpg

This gag is going to make me laugh all year.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Who cares what UK fans think they are the most delusional fans in college basketball and maybe even in all sports

Reaction Score
In hoops, no, but Joe Bob UKs' collective proclivity to be bent over by Cousin Cal is their own call. :confused:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'll bet they thought they were better at all 5 positions last year, including Knight > Kemba

4 or our returning starters beat them twice last year

no subjectivity and no spin necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member