Kentucky Fans Panties in a Bunch About Drummond Walking On | The Boneyard

Kentucky Fans Panties in a Bunch About Drummond Walking On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Excuse me for saying this but- who give a flying %#$ what any of those hay seeds have to say about us?

Reaction Score
and that means what to us? If its your thing go check out all of the other boards, good way to submerge oneself into negativity.

Reaction Score
No clue what the letter of the law is in the rulebook. I hope the UConn compliance staff knows their stuff. They better be right considering they've had over a semester to look into it.

I think more of them are interested in how they can do the same thing!

Reaction Score
considering we`re already in hot water with the ncaa im pretty sure its all legit when it comes to mr. drummond. he is a high profile recruit which is expected considering the circumstances to be highly scrutinized and questioned. no worries. haters gonna hate!
that thread wreaks of uk fear of uconn being in the way yet again in their pursuit of a national title. we have their fans running scared.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they're wrong, you know UConn cleared this with the NCAA first

AD didn't need to change this, he wanted to

let them cry as they watch somebody else cut down the nets, yet again

Reaction Score
Can someone please make the point that our Lamb is better? I have no intention of posting on that board.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
It's nice that they're scared of us. Why else would they care?

Reaction Score
Cuse fans are crying too. As we know, they are good at that. But usually they wait until the Sweet 16

Reaction Score
IMHO it has been really nice not having to hear about Uk. They were on this board and everywhere else I looked for about 4 weeks strait.
If we keep getting better we will be one of the few teams that can beat them if they are playing their "A" game.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Honestly, no matter what happens in this situation, the program was bound to be scrutinized.

First: "OMG how can they force a kid to lose his scholarship just to accomodate for a top recruit? What a dirty program, how unfair... blah blah..."

Now: "OMG they have to have found a loophole and cheated the NCAA"

Haters gonna hate. If they are talking about us, that's a good thing.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Cuse fans are crying too. As we know, they are good at that. But usually they wait until the Sweet 16
are you picking up the slack for tampabill?

Reaction Score
until the NCAA comes a-knockin' then we shouldnt be worried about what a bunch of UK folks think or say.

Reaction Score
Honestly, no matter what happens in this situation, the program was bound to be scrutinized.

First: "OMG how can they force a kid to lose his scholarship just to accomodate for a top recruit? What a dirty program, how unfair... blah blah..."

Now: "OMG they have to have found a loophole and cheated the NCAA"

Haters gonna hate. If they are talking about us, that's a good thing.

Exactly. If you're scouring the internet looking for other fans to be showering Uconn with praise, you're wasting your time.

Shouldn't we all be past the point of being surprised when fans of other schools bash us on the internet? They bash us to make themselves feel better about the fact that we have 3 championships in the last 12 years...and they don't.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Exactly. If you're scouring the internet looking for other fans to be showering Uconn with praise, you're wasting your time.

Shouldn't we all be past the point of being surprised when fans of other schools bash us on the internet? They bash us to make themselves feel better about the fact that we have 3 championships in the last 12 years...and they don't.
Exactly. Furthermore most fan bases have a spectrum of fans and so are not represented by one voice.

Ultimately the press will pick up this story. It's a feel good story in which people are doing the right thing. I expect the majority of people will think positive about the program regarding this story or be neutral. I expect a two or three minute special to be made in which Bradley and Andre are interviewed and shown at halftime of some major Uconn game. Those kids will present themselves well and that will quiet most of the negativity.

Reaction Score
Tbh most of them were reasonable about it and wanted to find a way to do the same thing with Birch

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
So I said a good amount of Cuse fans are rational, respectable people.

UK fans, on the other hand.....it's like they're 7 year olds. I mean:

"Stealing laptops, Nate Miles and a midget PG that cant be breathed on arent the only things the NCAA turns a blind eye for UCONN these days. See my previous post, What a GD travesty in the face of every other NCAA division1 institution. It is blatant cheating!"

Reaction Score

Don't know who that is but no. I actually like Cuse's program and fans most of the time. But I don't like it when they imply we're somehow this deeply shady organization whereas they are squeaky clean - as their track record shows otherwise.

I can understand every big program not liking the late Drummond addition, it makes us contenders and threats to them

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's actually amazing. These guys are getting so amped up about something so minor -- and something that actually undercuts something they were probably giving UConn crap about 2 months ago!

Pretty straightforward: Drummond was originally told that he couldn't walk on, so Bradley offered up his schollie; at some point UConn determined that it might be OK for Drummond to walk on and cleared it with the NCAA, and Drummond retroactively became a walk-on and Bradley retroactively got his schollie back.

OK, an odd situation, no doubt, but this is a case of a guy who's going to be a multimillionaire being generous to a kid who's not! And if the NCAA hadn't allowed it, then it would have just been the way it was a month ago. Both guys would be on the team, only the non-NBA prospect would be the walk-on.

Absolutely incredible. You can't even do the right thing without getting killed for it.

I love the internet sleuthing over there. The moron who found UConn's payment schedule and determined that Drummond CAN'T be a walk-on because he COULDN'T have made each of the required payments. No s---, Sherlock. He wasn't a walk-on until the NCAA declared him one.

Reaction Score

Quse fans have a beef with this? hahahahahahahaha! That's just awesome- de-lu-sion-al. I can think of a thing or two going on with their program right now that makes me want to give all of them a huge STFU.

Reaction Score
IMHO it has been really nice not having to hear about Uk. They were on this board and everywhere else I looked for about 4 weeks strait.
If we keep getting better we will be one of the few teams that can beat them if they are playing their "A" game.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!

Remember the old board last year with the recruiting , coach Cal and all. We had wedgies everyday. And we are complaining about them talking crap???

Got to love college bball fans, ours included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom