Kentucky Derby drama | The Boneyard

Kentucky Derby drama

Reaction Score
I thought Max was like a bumper car, but amazed it got turned. Also thought War of Will got it the worst.

A lot of people lost or made a lot on that flip.

Unreal, everything in sports is a controversy these days.

Reaction Score
I had a WPS show for Maximum! Not a big bet as I focused on the exotics and now come away empty. Crazy.

I played Country on an exotic, but the others didn't come through.

I literally though about dropping a small amount on the 63-1 odd

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The horse that wasn’t remotely impeded wins. Seems weird but seems like a dq based on the rudimentary understanding of the rules as explained by the dudes on tv.

Seems like a bad rule, but probably correctly interpreted.

the Q

Reaction Score
I also wonder how much money the owners of Max lost on that decision for breeding. Maybe not much cause the horse still destroyed the field and is an obvious stud.

Reaction Score
I think horse racing sucks and know nothing about it but what a strange rule, the horse that isn't impeded wins because the winning horse is disqualified? What about the horse that was clearly impeded and almost knocked down?

Reaction Score
I also wonder how much money the owners of Max lost on that decision for breeding. Maybe not much cause the horse still destroyed the field and is an obvious stud.
This will make the Preakness and Belmont a lot more interesting. If Max can be contained should be interesting to see if it dominates those. Unless it was the jockey that rode him wide and then cut him back in tight.

the Q

Reaction Score
This will make the Preakness and Belmont a lot more interesting. If Max can be contained should be interesting to see if it dominates those. Unless it was the jockey that rode him wide and then cut him back in tight.

Looked to me like the mud caused the biggest issue. On a dry track that probably doesn’t happen imo

the Q

Reaction Score
Also weird it looked like the new winner bumped a horse to its left before the other violation and no one said anything

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I dabble a bit in horse racing. That call was about as predictable as the outcome of the Casey Anthony trial.

Horse had to be DQed, but clearly the best horse on the track.

Reaction Score

Omaha will win the preakness and maybe the Belmont

the Q

Reaction Score
I dabble a bit in horse racing. That call was about as predictable as the outcome of the Casey Anthony trial.

Horse had to be DQed, but clearly the best horse on the track.

Did you see the new winner bump a horse just before that?

Is that a violation or is bumping like that just kinda normal?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He had just bothered the 1 and then went on to win, I suspect they let it stand.

But the 18 was completely wiped out. That horse would not have won, but he definitely could have picked up a check - when he was nearly stopped by the contact, I think the stewards had to act.

It is a shame - he was clearly the best horse.

And as someone who had Game Winner....take a look at the trip that horse had. I don’t think you could find a longer way around the track if you tried.

Reaction Score
How is it fair that a horse is disqualified because a horse that truly wasn't impeded filed a complaint. If the horse that was impeded actually filed the complaint, then I would fine with it.

Also, doesn't a real sloppy track figure into the equation. I can't imagine it being easy for a horse pulling a jockey at that speed holding a line when running through water and slick mud.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
And as someone who had Game Winner....take a look at the trip that horse had. I don’t think you could find a longer way around the track if you tried.

I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How is it fair that a horse is disqualified because a horse that truly wasn't impeded filed a complaint. If the horse that was impeded actually filed the complaint, then I would fine with it.

Also, doesn't a real sloppy track figure into the equation. I can't imagine it being easy for a horse pulling a jockey at that speed holding a line when running through water and slick mud.

It doesn’t really matter; I’m guessing if the 20 doesn’t file the objection, either the 18 would have or the stewards would have called one themselves. The fact that the 20 called for an inquiry isn’t rare - but given that he was not bothered and that it was the Derby, that’s some bad form.

The track didn’t play into it and they do not consider it - horses are perfectly capable of cornering on a sloppy track. After all, all but one managed to do it. Maximum Security was spooked by the infield crowd or the crowd noise and he ducked out.

His brain is the size of a walnut. It happens.

Reaction Score
I agree the track didn’t play into it. I felt it was a clear infraction. His right rear quarter into his front left quarter. Weird ending but right call.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It was a clear infraction, but I hate it. But they did the right thing.

Reaction Score
Does the fact that he won by two lengths, give or take, factor into it at all or no? I’m actually a very novice horse race better to be fair, i’m just curious.

Reaction Score
Whats really crazy is that the horse that ended up winning had 64:1 odds, the second lowest. Someone got screwed and someone got PAID.

Reaction Score
Does the fact that he won by two lengths, give or take, factor into it at all or no? I’m actually a very novice horse race better to be fair, i’m just curious.
Max slowed down 4 horses halfway through the race, there's no telling what would've happen. Its not uncommon for a horse to overcome two lengths late to win.

I'd be pissed if I bet on War of Will. War's jockey actually whipped Max in the hind he was infringing so much. I also thought Max went so far wide that the inside horse was going to overtake it. A decent horse would've. But the jockey got Max back to the rail just in time to cut that one off too. Just a really bizarre race. Max was in 3 lanes in a matter of seconds like a drunk driver.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Embarrassing day for yet another sport due to instant replay. No way in hall do any of those glue buckets catch him. and the guy that filed the complaint wasn’t going to get close. If anything that bump got him to 2nd. It would serve them right if Maximun Security wins the next 2 but isn’t a triple crown winner because of this nonsense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom