OT: - Kentucky “none-and-done” Hamidou Diallo will likely go up against Wednesday’s deadline before dec | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky “none-and-done” Hamidou Diallo will likely go up against Wednesday’s deadline before dec

pj

Reaction Score
He will go because if he doesn't, his whole not-playing strategy will have been a mistake, and if he returns and plays and exposes himself he'll look like a fool.

So he'll go, and he'll get picked in the second round, because no NBA team is going to give guaranteed money to a player who's afraid to compete in college.

And he'll get lodged in the D-league and exposed there. And we'll find out if he can develop.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So he'll go, and he'll get picked in the second round, because no NBA team is going to give guaranteed money to a player who's afraid to compete in college.

I think residual bitterness over him not coming here is affecting your analysis here. NBA GMs are going to be considering that vertical jump of his a lot more heavily than his motivation for declaring.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Will it now become a trend? HS or prep players "turfing" themselves with a major D-I program and redshirting for only the spring semester, then going pro? It's an inventive way to get around the stupid one year rule. You enrolled in college but never played. And at Kentucky, I'm sure he never saw the inside of a real classroom, either. Maybe that was the deal breaker. UConn actually expected him to attend classes.

pj

Reaction Score
I think residual bitterness over him not coming here is affecting your analysis here. NBA GMs are going to be considering that vertical jump of his a lot more heavily than his motivation for declaring.

We'll see. If anyone had promised him a first round pick, he wouldn't still be deliberating.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Will it now become a trend? HS or prep players "turfing" themselves with a major D-I program and redshirting for only the spring semester, then going pro? It's an inventive way to get around the stupid one year rule. You enrolled in college but never played. And at Kentucky, I'm sure he never saw the inside of a real classroom, either. Maybe that was the deal breaker. UConn actually expected him to attend classes.

That dastardly Glen Miller and his class schedules...

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
There aren't too many people mad about not landing him anymore. It's mostly the fact that we spent an absurd amount of time recruiting him while apparently passing on others.

Oh I fully understand. Just keeping the newest member of the BY's meme collection going. W2G Chief.

Reaction Score
I hate the one-and-done. So stupid. Baseball has it right. If you want to go out of high school, go ahead. But if you go to college, you're there for 3 years.
I agree but think you should only have to stay for 2 years if you go to college. If you're making them stay 3, the large majority of the top 25 will just forgo college.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Oh man, how will Kentucky recover?
Seriously.

If anything this makes us look bad, not them. Somehow Cal always stays winning but the Boneyard is always laughing at him.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Maybe he considers playing against college players beneath his dignity.

Reaction Score
I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that a kid who wants to play against NBA players is afraid to play against college kids.
I can only assume it's because he thinks he'll be exposed against college competition, so he wants the NBA cash grab now.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I can only assume it's because he thinks he'll be exposed against college competition, so he wants the NBA cash grab now.
Or he saw the shortest path to easy money. He didn't do half of the work everyone else had to do, and will make as much/more money. He made the right decision.

Reaction Score
I could see some late-round 1st round teams going for Diallo. OKC is a fit to try to develop a playmaker to take pressure off Westbrook. Great pick for Brooklyn too for a potential star.

Reaction Score
I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that a kid who wants to play against NBA players is afraid to play against college kids.

Have you factored in the fact that NBA players are paid, legitimately and legally? I think that might be a part of the equation...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I could see some late-round 1st round teams going for Diallo. OKC is a fit to try to develop a playmaker to take pressure off Westbrook. Great pick for Brooklyn too for a potential star.

If the Celtics didn't have a high pick, this guy has Danny Ainge written all over him.

I think HD will go higher than people on here are estimating. GMs have such a superjohn for athleticism.

Reaction Score
If the Celtics didn't have a high pick, this guy has Danny Ainge written all over him.

I think HD will go higher than people on here are estimating. GMs have such a superjohn for athleticism.

If he slips, Celtics pick at 37, 2nd rounder they got from Minnesota.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If he slips, Celtics pick at 37, 2nd rounder they got from Minnesota.

Fultz Diallo would be an INSANE draft. I don't think he's there then tho.

Reaction Score
But to get drafted, he'd have to work out with at least some college kids (specifically other draft-caliber kids) and NBA players, right? He can't/won't be exposed there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom