Kenton to the league | The Boneyard

Kenton to the league

Reaction Score
After watching Kenton expand his game this year, I truly believe he has a chance to play in the NBA.
I see a taller Dennis Rodman (without the crazy stuff) but with a shot. I have rarely seen a 6'10" player develop a pull-up jumper (lost art overall even for guards) as good as his. KF has a great attitude, has
put on enough weight to rebound at the next level and now has a nice touch - and is very coachable and still has room to grow.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If we make a run in March, centered around him, then yes he could get to the league.

Reaction Score
He's not NBA ready but his improvement will be noted by scouts. Along with his athleticism, ability to score with both hands they may throw him on a summer roster, suggest Euro ball and watch to see how he progresses. He can't put it on the floor enough to play the position he will need to, but the kids made huge strides for sure.

Reaction Score
No offense to Facey, he has shown tremendous improvement this year, but has no chance of playing in the NBA.

Just by way of comparison, Facey is averaging 7 rebounds a game. Rodman averaged 18 rebounds a game his last college season.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Facey being compared to Dennis Rodman.

UConn's fan base is getting close to full mast again as March approaches. It's refreshing.

Hey, it's generally our time to do so. Historically speaking.

On the subject at hand, KF will have himself a nice Euro career and be able to set himself up for life by playing a game. Very fortunate.

Reaction Score
What I see is a big guy who has excellent athleticism who can run well, jump and now can shoot. Maybe the Rodman comparison was a bit of a stretch but the NBA needs guys with that skill set. There are ton's of guys like him in the league that were not the best superstars in college (in fact, many of those don't pan out). In the end, the NBA cares about size, athleticism, motor and ability to defend, rebound and have some offensive ability. Super John you missed the other comparison between Enoch and Wilt.....

Reaction Score
Hey, it's generally our time to do so. Historically speaking.

On the subject at hand, KF will have himself a nice Euro career and be able to set himself up for life by playing a game. Very fortunate.
Agreed. Facey won't get drafted, but he has the size and athleticism to play the 4 in the NBA eventually if he keeps improving his game. Maybe I'm Europe he can develop his 3 point stroke, in which case carving out a backup role in the NBA wouldn't be too much of a stretch. He'll be fun to monitor.

Reaction Score
After watching Kenton expand his game this year, I truly believe he has a chance to play in the NBA.
I see a taller Dennis Rodman (without the crazy stuff) but with a shot. I have rarely seen a 6'10" player develop a pull-up jumper (lost art overall even for guards) as good as his. KF has a great attitude, has
put on enough weight to rebound at the next level and now has a nice touch - and is very coachable and still has room to grow.
Dennis Rodman was a rebounding machine. I like Kentan but he'll never be in that league and few will. I'm guessing overseas for Kentan but would be thrilled for the kid if he lands an NBA spot.

Reaction Score
If he gets the ball inside he has a good chance of making a short jumper or getting to the line. If he was 20 pounds heavier and stronger he would be a beast.

Reaction Score
Watching him the other day thinking that if he had another year, then this guy could actually be a first round draft pick.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Facey's best route to the NBA is if he tries the D-League for a while. Considering how little money he'd make as compared to playing in a high caliber Euro league, he probably won't make that choice.

Reaction Score
I don't think he is physical enough to play nba ball. If he could perfect that mid range jump shot he could have a nice back up career similar to that of like Michael doliac, but he will have to prove himself in summer leagues and in the dleague or even over seas first imo.

Reaction Score
He's not NBA ready but his improvement will be noted by scouts. Along with his athleticism, ability to score with both hands they may throw him on a summer roster, suggest Euro ball and watch to see how he progresses. He can't put it on the floor enough to play the position he will need to, but the kids made huge strides for sure.[/QUOTemail

Agree, his game certainly warrants a look. His game had improve tramensly. But he will have to go the long route.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Kenton Facey will lead the Knicks to their first championship since 73.

Or the Timberwolves to their first playoff series victory. That hasn't happened yet right?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I love Kentan but he's a 6-foot-10 PF who misses more bunnies than he makes, and absolutely can not finish against length/through contact.

He will have a nice, long career in a second-tier European league. If you can't finish at the rim in college you can not make it as a big man in the modern NBA.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Right, I forgot about that. That was at the start of the Spurs/Pistons era which was a pretty boring time.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have to say, even though it's not likely, I'm very happy for Kentan that this is being treated as a serious discussion worth having. I remember two years ago when people were saying he wasn't even an MAAC-level player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom