Kenton Facey??? | The Boneyard

Kenton Facey???

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Who is Kenton and what did he do with Kentan? That's what I want to know. That was a different guy out there.

Reaction Score
I think kentan not playing was a matchup thing. Enoch matched up better with Goodwin

Reaction Score
KO appears to have a quick hook now and it's justified. Facey played poorly in the first half.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Kentan lost focus and lost confidence for a stretch there. He had the ball five feet from the hoop and had space to shoot but clearly felt lost and pivoted around before throwing the ball away.
Then threw it away the very next play.
He really needs to play with confidence to be effective.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
wasn't a good game for KF by any means BUT I know he will give some spirited performances before the seasons end
Maybe it wasn't a good match up

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Kentan was stuck playing out of position while Brimah was hurt, so he gets a pass there. Still, he has to show up a little more than he has the last month or so.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Hope Kentan Facey can return to his form from earlier in the year. Unfortunately, he started last year playing well and then his game became more and more inconsistent as the season went along... so far he's trending the same way.

I will say I'm a big fan of his, but he doesn't deserve minutes with how he's been playing. He needs to stick to what he does best... hitting the boards, defending, and easy put backs. He looks like he's trying to do too much.

Reaction Score
I think kentan not playing was a matchup thing. Enoch matched up better with Goodwin
I think it was probably based on the fact that he had two horrendous turnovers back to back, Nolan, Brimah, and Enoch were all better, no need to to go back to him.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Facey hitting the same wall that he did a year ago at this time of the year is troubling. We aren't even expecting as much from him this time around and he absolutely wasn't ready to play tonight.

Looked so weak and turned the ball over two times in a row that led to two run outs for them. I called for KO to bench him after that he that's what he got. We are too deep up for KO to tolerate someone not being ready to play.

My only question was why Big Steve didn't get some extra burn in the 2nd half. Big Steve played some great minutes in the 1st half, although maybe Nolan's 2nd half performance had a lot to do with Enoch not getting more run in the 2nd frame - great job out there tonight Phil!

Reaction Score
Sam Cassell pretty much lost all his minutes. Kenton is really close to doing the same. Mostly because Miller is getting better and better.

Reaction Score
I think it was probably based on the fact that he had two horrendous turnovers back to back, Nolan, Brimah, and Enoch were all better, no need to to go back to him.

It was a bad match up for Facey last night.

The 2nd turnover wasn't Facey fault that was Jalen fault. You don't dump the ball off to a big guy in the break there and have him in no where land.

Jalen might have thought it was someone else but either way you can't put the ball in a big guys hand in that situation. Facey will take the brunt of it from the fans but that's all on Jalen.

Reaction Score
Facey hitting the same wall that he did a year ago at this time of the year is troubling. We aren't even expecting as much from him this time around and he absolutely wasn't ready to play tonight.

Looked so weak and turned the ball over two times in a row that led to two run outs for them. I called for KO to bench him after that he that's what he got. We are too deep up for KO to tolerate someone not being ready to play.

My only question was why Big Steve didn't get some extra burn in the 2nd half. Big Steve played some great minutes in the 1st half, although maybe Nolan's 2nd half performance had a lot to do with Enoch not getting more run in the 2nd frame - great job out there tonight Phil!

Seriously? Enoch looked good on the offensive end. You didn't see him more because he looked totally lost on D -- seriously beyond any UConn big defender I've ever seen -- and couldn't have logged 10 minutes against Godwin without fouling out.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Seriously? Enoch looked good on the offensive end. You didn't see him more because he looked totally lost on D -- seriously beyond any UConn big defender I've ever seen -- and couldn't have logged 10 minutes against Godwin without fouling out.
Seriously? What other big on our team wasn't in foul trouble last night? Brimah, Nolan and Steve all decided multiple times to run out and guard Goodwin away from the basket and picked up stupid fouls when he started to drive pass them.

I know Steve has some defensive court awareness issues, I am not blind but he is a big body who can throw his fouls around this season. If Miller isn't in the game on the block I would like Enoch in there at times to provide some low post presence because he can actually make a decisive and strong move to the basket down there

Reaction Score
Enoch had 3 fouls in 5 minutes while not really doing anything on D except trying not to foul. AB had 5 in 13, Nolan 4 in 17, and Miller 4 in 18, but all of them were trying to make plays off their man while also guarding Godwin.

So yes, all the bigs fouled too much, but all of them were still playing D light years ahead of where Enoch is. It's unfortunately, because he could contribute on the other end, but there's a reason that he doesn't see minutes even when he is contributing offensively.

caw

Reaction Score
Enoch had 3 fouls in 5 minutes while not really doing anything on D except trying not to foul. AB had 5 in 13, Nolan 4 in 17, and Miller 4 in 18, but all of them were trying to make plays off their man while also guarding Godwin.

So yes, all the bigs fouled too much, but all of them were still playing D light years ahead of where Enoch is. It's unfortunately, because he could contribute on the other end, but there's a reason that he doesn't see minutes even when he is contributing offensively.

There was one sequence where, and I think it was Enoch. One of their guards shot faked, Enoch turned to box out. The guard passed into his man, Enoch continued to try and box out. Another UConn player had to double. Big for Memphis kicks out for an open three. Enoch barely knew his man got the ball it appeared.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Enoch has a nice shot. On D I agree room for improvement. What I see Ollie doing is taking his freshman who don't know how to swim and throwing them in the middle of the pool. Now come on back. I don't recall ever seeing this on a UConn team before. Most of the time the freshman sat and took copius notes. Not trying to start a heated debate. Maybe I missed someone over the years. I am not saying they never played a minute. Maybe when we were up 30 with 30 seconds to go. Ollie is getting this guys battle ready. Patience.

P.S.-Poor Facey did look like he didn't know where he was.

Reaction Score
There was one sequence where, and I think it was Enoch. One of their guards shot faked, Enoch turned to box out. The guard passed into his man, Enoch continued to try and box out. Another UConn player had to double. Big for Memphis kicks out for an open three. Enoch barely knew his man got the ball it appeared.

Yes, that was Enoch

Reaction Score
Enoch has a nice shot. On D I agree room for improvement. What I see Ollie doing is taking his freshman who don't know how to swim and throwing them in the middle of the pool. Now come on back. I don't recall ever seeing this on a UConn team before. Most of the time the freshman sat and took copius notes. Not trying to start a heated debate. Maybe I missed someone over the years. I am not saying they never played a minute. Maybe when we were up 30 with 30 seconds to go. Ollie is getting this guys battle ready. Patience.

P.S.-Poor Facey did look like he didn't know where he was.
Really not sure what you mean. Many freshmen haven played more minutes that Steve. We are half way through the season he should be improving (which I think he is). Plus Enoch is usually the last big off the bench. BTW didn't Olander and Brimah have starts as freshman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom