KenPom subscribers vote UConn #1 in the H.U.M.A.N poll | The Boneyard

KenPom subscribers vote UConn #1 in the H.U.M.A.N poll

Reaction Score
The poll is conducted via a Bradley-Terry comparison algorithm. Every voter is given 50 hypothetical pairings and the voter says who will finish higher in KenPom at the end of the year.

The Big East ended up as the 3rd strongest conference.
conference kenpom.jpg

Reaction Score
UConn's players from EvanMiya pre-season rating. Mostly derived from pedigree and previous performance. Understandably Ball and Stewart will be underrated in this.
evan miya players.jpg

awy

Reaction Score
i'd like to see a kenpom/time progression of the past couple of seasons. the idea is that these teams get better the more they run the system. my impression is that the aggregate scores tend to underrate these teams and their true ratings are even higher. the tourney margin of victory is pretty real.

Reaction Score
If Hassan Diarra is the 61st best player in the country at the end of the year, we are winning the title again.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
i'd like to see a kenpom/time progression of the past couple of seasons. the idea is that these teams get better the more they run the system. my impression is that the aggregate scores tend to underrate these teams and their true ratings are even higher. the tourney margin of victory is pretty real.
Nerd!

Reaction Score
The poll is conducted via a Bradley-Terry comparison algorithm. Every voter is given 50 hypothetical pairings and the voter says who will finish higher in KenPom at the end of the year.

The Big East ended up as the 3rd strongest conference.
View attachment 104074

I just cant believe that it feels like we won the title last week and the season is just a few weeks away. Where did summer go?

Reaction Score
His system actually had him as the 43rd best player in the country last year.

View attachment 104095
His system definitely has some "great team rubs off on a lot of guys" going on, but Diarra was a lot higher than Samson despite playing a lot of minutes. He impacts winning. But he's essentially switching positions this year (he played more minutes off ball last year than at PG), so we'll see how that goes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom