Kenny Kallina's 2013 Top D1 Assistant Coaching Hires | The Boneyard

Kenny Kallina's 2013 Top D1 Assistant Coaching Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Thanks, know a few of those names, but some are new.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
So folks who think Ohio State hired Mitchell to entice his daughter, the best guard in the 2014 class are ignorant?

More likely you are naive, Kenny.

U

UCONNfan1

Of course OSU hired Mitchell to lure his daughter. It's happened before - at UNC (I think - don't follow women as much) on the women's side, and it happens all the time on the men's side. Of course there are way more shenanigans on the men's side since there's way more $ involved, but it's no surprise to see stuff like this go on for top recruits on the women's side.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think he is saying that folks are not looking past the obvious to see that he is likely a great hire for the long run. I have made the point in general that it bothers me less when someone is hired for the wrong (short term) reason - but is a good hire - than when someone is hired simply for the short term reason (which has occurred). In this case, even if he leaves when his daughter does, he most likely will have a positive impact on the program.

Also interesting, Kathy McConnell-Miller at Pitt (joining her sister) and Jeff House (former Lib Assistant) joining Kentucky staff. Both returning to college from the WNBA.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think he is saying that folks are not looking past the obvious to see that he is likely a great hire for the long run. I have made the point in general that it bothers me less when someone is hired for the wrong (short term) reason - but is a good hire - than when someone is hired simply for the short term reason (which has occurred). In this case, even if he leaves when his daughter does, he most likely will have a positive impact on the program.

Also interesting, Kathy McConnell-Miller at Pitt (joining her sister) and Jeff House (former Lib Assistant) joining Kentucky staff. Both returning to college from the WNBA.
I understood what he is saying. But he is naive if he thinks Mitchell necessarily would have been hired at this time if his daughter wasn't a high level recruit.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I understood what he is saying. But he is naive if he thinks Mitchell necessarily would have been hired at this time if his daughter wasn't a high level recruit.

I agree; I just didn't read what he said as saying that, but you could very well be reading better than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom