Kenny Kallina tweets | The Boneyard

Kenny Kallina tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kenny Kallina@KennyKallina 15h
In travel basketball whoever is most physical wins the refs let anything go and are too lazy to work sad state

Kenny Kallina@KennyKallina 15h
No wonder college basketball is so bad all we do is teach kids to beat each other up and whoever is left standing wins
Refs are probably instructed that way. I see the same thing in soccer "College Showcases", where college coaches are there watching the players. Coaches want to watch the players play, same for fans/parents. Coaches and parents don't want to come that far/pay that much to have players sitting on the bench. The refs get pressured to not "impose" themselves into games. Too many fouls called, too many red cards (soccer) and you won't be asked to ref again.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
The refs get pressured to not "impose" themselves into games. Too many fouls called, too many red cards (soccer) and you won't be asked to ref again.

Those would seem to be mutually exclusive terms. They don't impose themselves but call too many fouls and give too many red cards? But let them play? Please explain...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The refs get pressured to not "impose" themselves into games. Too many fouls called, too many red cards (soccer) and you won't be asked to ref again.

Those would seem to be mutually exclusive terms. They don't impose themselves but call too many fouls and give too many red cards? But let them play? Please explain...

I think you misread the post.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
How come it's OK for UConn players to get physical but not their opponents?

Reaction Score
Who said that?

Any number of people on another board. It is usually asked about Stef. It is also usually followed with a rolling eyes emoticon.

And it is usually asked during a UConn blowout. Just an "eye of the beholder" thing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom