Kemba Walker vs Celtics | The Boneyard

Kemba Walker vs Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kemba played pretty well - his assists were low, but nobody hit open jumpers he gave them yesterday (particularly Diaw, who bricked three or four wide open shots on pick-and-pops), Walker also fed Biyombo once for what should have been a dunk, but Biyombo short armed a chippy, and he had a good read on another play, but threw the ball out of bounds when the man setting the screen on the baseline stood there and didn't flash to the basket when he was left unguarded on a switch (it happens).

The C's threw a defensive wrinkle at him in the second half where they switched off the ball on the high screen and roll and it confused him - he threw one soft pass right to Brandon Bass because he wasn't expecting a guy to be there. He also had a great blow by that resulted in a blocked shot because he was caught from behind - one of those plays he finishes easily in college, but didn't get to the rim at the NBA level. And Rondo was able to get by him a couple times, but that's to be expected.

In the third quarter, there was a little stretch of Ray vs. Kemba which was fun to watch. I think they both had about a dozen in the third quarter. It didn't rise to the level of the Ray-Ben playoff battles, but it was still a fun stretch of basketball for a UConn fan.

Reaction Score
In the third quarter, there was a little stretch of Ray vs. Kemba which was fun to watch.

It never stops amazing me that we're talking about Ray Allen against all of these uconn disciples. The guy is unreal.

I can't wait for a post like this in 4 years:

"Ray and Omar battled all game long, with Ray getting the upper hand on the rookie."

caw

Reaction Score
In the third quarter, there was a little stretch of Ray vs. Kemba which was fun to watch.

It never stops amazing me that we're talking about Ray Allen against all of these uconn disciples. The guy is unreal.

I can't wait for a post like this in 4 years:

"Ray and Omar battled all game long, with Ray getting the upper hand on the rookie."

I think Ray will be retired by then, but next year or the year after against Lamb...

Reaction Score
I think Ray will be retired by then, but next year or the year after against Lamb...
You never know. He shoots the 3 as well now as he ever has and is obviously in great shape, so he could fill a valuable part-time role for a contender for a few more years, if he wanted to. Depends on if he would find it frustrating to only play 20 minutes and shoot the ball a few times (and maybe get crunch time offensive minutes in a close game) rather than get to play 35 minutes a night.

The amazing thing right now is that he stays on the floor all the time in crunch time for the Celtics. They could easily go offense/defense with Avery Bradley or Michael Pietrus, but they still trust his intelligence defensively, even if his physical tools aren't there (and then they know they won't get caught on the offensive end without him). I suspect there may be a game or two when Pietrus is on the floor late instead of him (to cover Wade or someone), but that's to be expected at his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom