Kemba Walker, Tremont Waters & the Celtics | The Boneyard

Kemba Walker, Tremont Waters & the Celtics

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Never forget that this kid absolutely, 100% would've been ours if our previous head coach had put in even a tiny bit of recruiting effort.

Gonna be rooting for him as if he was a UConn alum. Because he should've been.

EDIT: In case the tweet's not showing up for some people, here's the text of it:

Tremont Waters on Kemba: " I actually have a picture of when he was at UConn and I was a fan. I’m not going to lie, I was definitely a fan. I was cheesing from ear to ear [meeting him]. And just knowing that I’m able to learn from him now ... it’s a blessing. And I’m all in."

Reaction Score

Never forget that this kid absolutely, 100% would've been ours if our previous head coach had put in even a tiny bit of recruiting effort.

Gonna be rooting for him as if he was a UConn alum. Because he should've been.

EDIT: In case the tweet's not showing up for some people, here's the text of it:

Tremont Waters on Kemba: " I actually have a picture of when he was at UConn and I was a fan. I’m not going to lie, I was definitely a fan. I was cheesing from ear to ear [meeting him]. And just knowing that I’m able to learn from him now ... it’s a blessing. And I’m all in."

Uh I think it’s more a long the lines of previous coach not wanting to ~*invest*~ in him

Reaction Score

I guess I will never forget that since you asked me not to, but did he ever give even the slightest inkling that he wanted to go to UConn? I don't recall anything like that ever happening.

Reaction Score
They passed up the Chance to talk to Ray Allen for mer $100k
That’s obviously a bigger deal since we’re down a scholarship and on probation and those schools aren’t.

Reaction Score
We're UConn not Arizona, LVille or UNC heck even LSU. We'd be out of the tournament for 2-3 years if KO got caught doing what Miller, Ricky P and all the others did. Really happy we never landed Waters screw that cheating situation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will NOT BE ROOTING for Waters.
He could have gone to UCONN, they did pursue him, maybe not as well as they should have, but they did pursue him and he instead chose LSU which got in l ate BUT made up for it by paying him and dad very very well.

Reaction Score
His final two were L$U & Western Kentucky$$. But I’m sure every kid in Connecticut dreams of playing for those two schools when they hit the game-winner in their driveway or playground.

I’m not a fan of kids who go the highest bidder.

pj

Reaction Score
Does it really take intelligence to accept bribes?

It takes *something* to solicit bribes, get them upfront, from not one but three places if what @Kenny11 says is true, and then not deliver the goods to two of them. Maybe the something is not intelligence, but it surely includes chutzpah. He may be fortunate that hiring a hit man would be an NCAA violation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think the odds of Waters being on the Celtics this season are not particularly good.

Given their lack of ball handling guards he has an outside shot. But G league is more likely. Boston paper today quotes the Vegas coach noting waters stands out as impressive among the rookies. Decision making mostly it seems.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the odds of Waters being on the Celtics this season are not particularly good.
I was planning on catching him at the Red Claws game the first week of December.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
His wackadoo dad was very smart though. He got LSU, Georgetown and even Yale to pay him.
Yep but UConn gets the penalties for BS infractions

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom