Kemba Walker Third Team All-NBA | The Boneyard

Kemba Walker Third Team All-NBA

Reaction Score

Being eligible for the supermax is a big deal. Could mean a lot of money for Kemba. 35% of the salary cap. He would be on one of the five richest contracts in the NBA, right up there with Curry, Westbrook, Harden, and John Wall, the latter of whom might be on the least team-friendly contract in the NBA right now.

Reaction Score

One of the best six guards in the NBA this season. Also of interest - he is now eligible for the supermax from Charlotte.

Huge news for Kemba and Charlotte. I can't see Kemba passing up the supermax, especially after his team friendly contract he had signed a few years ago. If I were Kemba, I would sign the supermax and figure out how to get traded afterwards.

Reaction Score
Just a few thoughts. Is there a more overrated player in the league than Paul George? I don't think there is a GM or a coach in the world that thinks Paul George is better than KD. The Thunder didn't really improve all that much with PG. 47 wins in 2017 (Westbrooks MVP year), 48 wins in 2018 (PG & Melo) and 49 wins in 2019 (PG and no Melo)

Reaction Score
Huge news for Kemba and Charlotte. I can't see Kemba passing up the supermax, especially after his team friendly contract he had signed a few years ago. If I were Kemba, I would sign the supermax and figure out how to get traded afterwards.
Yeah, so much money for a dude who loves that city so much. Would be tough to pass up. The bigger question might be if Charlotte will offer it. If they do, they will really be hamstrung with the cap, mostly because of the bad decisions they've made in the past. If Charlotte tries to cheat Kemba out of a single dollar, I really hope he leaves for a contender.

Reaction Score
5 years, 221 mm is no freaking joke. Congrats Kemba! You deserve every penny.

Reaction Score
The most another can offer is $140mil over 4 years or something like that. I want kemba to get out of Charlotte but $80 million isn't something you walk away from. BUT>>>>>> what if Charlotte doesn't offer him the supermax???

Reaction Score
Just a few thoughts. Is there a more overrated player in the league than Paul George? I don't think there is a GM or a coach in the world that thinks Paul George is better than KD. The Thunder didn't really improve all that much with PG. 47 wins in 2017 (Westbrooks MVP year), 48 wins in 2018 (PG & Melo) and 49 wins in 2019 (PG and no Melo)
Eh, I don't think it's PG's fault the team has underachieved the past couple years. He was awesome this season, before the shoulder injury. 28ppg and he's on the All-Defensive first team. KD is the better player sure, but Paul George did everything for OKC. Durant's team is on their way to winning a championship with him injured on the bench.

Reaction Score
He is not worth the supermax. This will get him some more money if Charlotte want to keep him, so good for him.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
getting a little tired of every media spelling Kimber incorrectly. cheeze and crackers, the man is all-nba, get it right already.

Reaction Score

Well he was in the MVP discussion for a fair chunk of the season.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
what if Charlotte doesn't offer him the supermax???
Then he has to leave. That would be dissing the guy and trying to take advantage of his expressed desire to stay there.

Reaction Score
Then he has to leave. That would be dissing the guy and trying to take advantage of his expressed desire to stay there.

Yes, they need to offer him the supermax and hope he concedes a little money on his own.

Reaction Score

He was unbelievably good this year until he hurt his shoulder. He played through it, but was noticeably worse after. He was a legit top 3 MVP candidate.

Unfortunately, Russell was pretty bad this year (shot much worse this year) so their win totals evened out to around what they had before.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Awesome for Kemba - he keep elevating his game.

Another note: Blake Griffin keeps elevating his game too but I’ll be damned if Detroit isn’t where careers go to die. What a horrific franchise they have become.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom