Kemba Walker Highlights - UConn vs. Notre Dame 3.5.2011 | The Boneyard

Kemba Walker Highlights - UConn vs. Notre Dame 3.5.2011

Reaction Score
Ahh the good ol' days. That place was electric.

Seriously. One of the last times that Gampel has been Gampel. That's probably the last vintage Gampel Saturday afternoon crowd I can remember. @tcf15 does a great job per usual of capturing the scene after Kemba scores his final two to put us up 65-60 (incidentally, it's still wild to me that we lost that game and somehow even wilder that it didn't end up bothering me that we did). I sort of feel bad for the current crop of seniors. They haven't experienced anything like that (here is hoping...).

Reaction Score
@ 3:56 min after that shot I was just in my bball watching zone! lol

ohhhhhhhhhh the memories. :)

Lets GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!! Pumped! KEMBA KEMBA!

Reaction Score
Seriously. One of the last times that Gampel has been Gampel. That's probably the last vintage Gampel Saturday afternoon crowd I can remember. @tcf15 does a great job per usual of capturing the scene after Kemba scores his final two to put us up 65-60 (incidentally, it's still wild to me that we lost that game and somehow even wilder that it didn't end up bothering me that we did). I sort of feel bad for the current crop of seniors. They haven't experienced anything like that (here is hoping...).

That was the last game we lost that year. I was there and remember being really pissed we lost...we were lights out from there on

Reaction Score
There have been many games since where Gampel has been the same if not more electric. But I do miss those 12:00 Big East games.

Reaction Score
There have been many games since where Gampel has been the same if not more electric. But I do miss those 12:00 Big East games.

Off the top of my head, there was Cuse in 2012, Georgetown in 2013, Florida in 2013, Louisville in 2014, and maybe Texas in 2014. Can't think of any others that would compare. Kemba's junior year alone we had the Nova game on MLK day, Louisville in late January, and then Notre Dame on senor day. The year before that Texas, Louisville, and I think Marquette came here. I think the Notre Dame game was a 2:00 or 4:00 game, but yeah, I take your point. The biggest thing we've lost in conference realignment is being able to count o Gampel being a special place at least a few times per year.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Off the top of my head, there was Cuse in 2012, Georgetown in 2013, Florida in 2013, Louisville in 2014, and maybe Texas in 2014. Can't think of any others that would compare. Kemba's junior year alone we had the Nova game on MLK day, Louisville in late January, and then Notre Dame on senor day. The year before that Texas, Louisville, and I think Marquette came here. I think the Notre Dame game was a 2:00 or 4:00 game, but yeah, I take your point. The biggest thing we've lost in conference realignment is being able to count o Gampel being a special place at least a few times per year.

Ohio State in 2015-16 was a good atmosphere as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom