Kemba mention in ESPN article | The Boneyard

Kemba mention in ESPN article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not familiar with this guy who's apparently from HoopSpeak but positive press for Kemba regardless of who he is:

2. Who's the most underrated point guard in the NBA?

Koremenos: Kemba Walker. Point guards with a lower PER than Walker last year: Mike Conley, Ty Lawson, Rajon Rondo, Jrue Holiday and Jeff Teague. Lost amid the Bobcats' terribleness is the fact that Walker has emerged as legitimate backcourt scorer. If (or maybe when) Walker gets some more talent around him, it could elevate his game to the point where we have no choice but to notice.

Taken from a roundtable about point guards in the NBA:

Debating NBA's point guards

Reaction Score
I'm not familiar with this guy who's apparently from HoopSpeak but positive press for Kemba regardless of who he is:

2. Who's the most underrated point guard in the NBA?

Koremenos: Kemba Walker. Point guards with a lower PER than Walker last year: Mike Conley, Ty Lawson, Rajon Rondo, Jrue Holiday and Jeff Teague. Lost amid the Bobcats' terribleness is the fact that Walker has emerged as legitimate backcourt scorer. If (or maybe when) Walker gets some more talent around him, it could elevate his game to the point where we have no choice but to notice.

Taken from a roundtable about point guards in the NBA:

Debating NBA's point guards

The odd thing about Brett Koremenos is that his last name means "Just got a haircut" in Greek yet he regularly sports the shaggy dog emo hipster look.

Reaction Score
As a continuation at the center position
Debating NBA's Center Position

4. Who's the most promising center in the NBA?

Feldman: Andre Drummond. No current player combines his size and athleticism, and in limited playing time last season, he showed he can use those traits to make a huge impact. Nearly 20, Drummond has plenty of time to smooth his rough edges, especially his free throw shooting, and become elite. Already, he's a highly efficient finisher, unstoppable rebounder and plus defender.

Gutierrez: Andre Drummond. As a raw 19-year-old, Drummond averaged 2.8 blocks, 1.7 steals, 13.8 points and 13.2 rebounds per 36 minutes. By the time he's actually playing 36 minutes a game, those numbers could be significantly better. He might want to figure out that tricky free throw thing, though.

5. Who will be the best center in the NBA in five years?

Vafa: Andre Drummond. A back injury robbed us of watching him play a complete season, but in just the short glimpse we got, we saw something special. His PER makes him one of the top-20 most-efficient players in the NBA, and his strength and skill make him one of the most exciting centers to watch (see for yourself). And at just 19, his ceiling is almost limitless.

Winter: Andre Drummond. Davis is still the better player and prospect, but his positional ambiguity offers a chance for some wiggle room; I'll take it to give Drummond his due. If his skill level can catch up to his body, Detroit's impressionable man-child will be a franchise player and perennial MVP candidate. Though that seems unlikely at this point, in time Drummond will fulfill his potential as a game-changing terror.

Reaction Score
Re: Kemba, I think everyone is underestimating the effect Jefferson is going to have on his game. And I think Zeller will be a spectacular pick-and-roll options.

The Bobs will get easy buckets with those guys out there, and that's something Kemba has never, ever had as a pro. It'll make him much, much more efficient. I suspect he'll end up shooting around 46-47%, and probably close to 37-38% from 3. It'll be a good, good year for him.

Reaction Score
His efficiency will definitely go up, and his assists I expect to rise to around 8-8.5. His PPG may decline by virtue of having more offensive threats, not really a big deal if it does happen. Would love to see continued improvement on his 3 point shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom