Kemba is smiling | The Boneyard

Kemba is smiling

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

“I’m boring, man. I don’t like doing much,” Walker said. “I don’t want to be a coach. If anything, I just want to be maybe behind the scenes. Developmental. I want to be around the young guys, the rookies — the second- and third-year players and help them grow their game.”
He just wants to keep playing as long as the league will have him, just like Vince Carter, who is 43 and only just retired this season.

“I want to play as long as I can,” Walker said. “I want them to say: ‘Kemba, you can’t play no more. We’re kicking you out of the league.’ I want to be one of those guys to try and get up there like Vince. I want to be the guy at the end of the bench, clapping for my young guys. ‘Let’s go.’”

Great article on Kemba.
He may not want to coach looking forward now but when his playing days are over it would not surprise me to see him coaching in college where his motivational skills might be incalculable.

Reaction Score
Great article. I remember driving through campus when Kemba was a freshman. He was walking out of Gampel with a teammate. Of course, he had a huge smile on his face which brightened Hillside Road. I sometimes mistook his smile for not wanting to win badly enough. Glad to say that I was very wrong. As the article says, he chooses to be happy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom