Kemba/Drummond All Star Chances | The Boneyard

Kemba/Drummond All Star Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also!! Kembas game winner last night and Drummond's Pistons on a 7 game win streak!!!

East all stars
LOCKED:

Starters:
Wall
Wade
Lbj
Melo
Pau

Bench:
Kyrie
Bosh
Love
Jimmy
Lowry?
Potentially leaves two spots...

OPTIONAL:
Kemba
Monroe
Drummond
Beal
Teague
Millsap
Jefferson
Horford
Rose
Noah

Think Kemba/Drummond make it in?

Reaction Score
No, the NBA is slow to give players All-Star recognition unless you're a super duper star.

Reaction Score
Drummond is deserving but could easily get left off. Kemba is not deserving.

Reaction Score
So who gets those last two spot? I assume someone from ATL has to get in with their record.

Reaction Score
Kemba has no chance at all, Drummond a better chance but with the Pistons digging themselves in that hole prior to the post Josh Smith winning streak the team record could hurt them.

Reaction Score
Kemba would need some guys to sit out the all star game in order to get in

Reaction Score
Teague is probably way ahead of Kemba, based on efficiency and team success, if they go with a third PG.

Drummond has played his way into the mix, but you have Noah and Horford as bigs with team success, and Vucevic with better offensive stats on a bad team (18 ppg, 11 rpg). Two weeks ago, I would have said no way, but now I think Drummond could make it based on rebounding prowess alone.

Reaction Score
One of these days kemba will sneak into an Allstar game or 2

Reaction Score
Scoe said:
One of these days kemba will sneak into an Allstar game or 2

Has to put it all together and avoid slumps. He had a long stretch where he was very efficient (48 pct for two months, averaging 20 ppg) and a long stretch where he was a great pure point feeding AJ (8 apg). If he can combine those two, he's an all-star. Or come close, 48 is too high a standard, but 43 or so with good assist numbers could work in the eastern conference.

The one thing he clearly does at an all star level is take care of the ball. His A:TO ratio is outstanding (3rd in league among players with normal minutes) because he's only about 1.6 turnovers per game, which is jaw droopingly low for someone who has the ball that much. I sometimes argue with the shooting efficiency folks that Kemba will sometimes force shots up instead of forcing passes, which keeps his turnovers low and gives his team a chance for rebounds. But that was an old Iverson proponent argument, so I have to sort of privately conceal the fact I'm being inconsistent. But who said being a sports fan meant being consistent.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I made a $50 bet with my buddy that Drummond would be an all star by this season after he got drafted.

I think I got shafted last year when his FG% was among league leaders. He's been great this year (looking at his numbers) but the fg% is down so I doubt he makes it.

Reaction Score
Of our alums that have gotten into the Allstar game it's Ray a 10 timer, Rip 3x, and Caron 2x, anyone else did Cliff make one.

caw

Reaction Score
Also!! Kembas game winner last night and Drummond's Pistons on a 7 game win streak!!!

East all stars
LOCKED:

Starters:
Wall
Wade
Lbj
Melo
Pau

Bench:
Kyrie
Bosh
Love
Jimmy
Lowry?
Potentially leaves two spots...

OPTIONAL:
Kemba
Monroe
Drummond
Beal
Teague
Millsap
Jefferson
Horford
Rose
Noah

Think Kemba/Drummond make it in?

Melo going to be healthy for it? I would pick Teague and Korver. Someone from Atlanta should be on the team and they would be my choices.

Reaction Score
Melo going to be healthy for it? I would pick Teague and Korver. Someone from Atlanta should be on the team and they would be my choices.
Korver? WHAT!?

Reaction Score
The All-Star Roster still depends a great deal on fan votes, right? D. Rose still plays PG in Chicago, Right? Rose, Kyrie, and Wall make PG a tough spot in the East. Plus, someone in ATL has to make the team.

I think Kaptain Klutch has earned the spot, but I think it will take an injury (see Rose, D) in order for him to get the invite.

Reaction Score
Korver? WHAT!?

do you watch the nba?

i would definitely take 2 of the hawks for the last spots, could pick out of a hat between teague/korver/millsap/horford. probably 3 if melo is out

gonna be difficult for kemba, but if the last month is any indication stan van will have drummond in the allstar game for the next ten years

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Korver? WHAT!?

His stats aren't amazing except his shooting percentage. He's shooting 50/50/94 splits. Watch the off the ball offense by the Hawks. Korver sucks defenders towards him wherever he moves on the floor which opens up the game for his teammates immensely. No one in the NBA dares to leave him open, that amount of attention warrants consideration in my opinion. I would be shocked if "Don't leave MF Korver open for a second" isn't bullet #1 on every opposing teams defensive scheme against Atlanta. I'd take him and Teague over Milsap but either before Kemba or Drummond this year. Atlanta deserves it.

If Drummond keeps up this pace for the rest of the year he could make a claim on an all-NBA selection but his first month was not All-Star good and that will hurt his chances this year. Who knows though. I forget who picks the bench.

Kembas problem is that he is like a roller-coaster of a shooter. His highs are crazy high but his lows are crazy low. He needs fewer lows or at least not as low. It's about 50-50 on if you get good shooting Kemba or bad shooting Kemba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom