Kemba and his free agency decision | The Boneyard

Kemba and his free agency decision

Reaction Score
I know Kemba is publicly saying he wants to remain in Charlotte. Also Jordan wants him to stay and is prepared to offer him mega loot to remain a Hornet. But there are a few other teams that are going to try and poach him. I really think he needs to get out of Charlotte, they are never on TV (exposure), they don't have a good team, they don't have any other all star caliber players and Kemba is expected to do it all, which is a lot of pressure not to mention wear and tear.

If not Charlotte then where is a good spot?

I'm starting to like the idea of him going to Dallas. With Luka D. (rookie) and Kristaps P. (former Knick) he would have finally have some emerging talent. Dallas is a better market, and with that giving Kemba much more exposure. Selfishly I want to see more of him. Not sure who else Dallas has, but that's not a bad trio, especially if Luka is legit.

Lakers are in the conversation, but Ball is still there. Kemba would bring an Irving/James type combo.
Knicks? If they get the numero uno pick and pick up another top FA, they would be a factor.
Indy (him and Victor would be a deadly backcourt).

Of course Durant, and Kahwi placement is critical, especially if that team is also pursuing Kemba.

Anyone else thinking Kemba should bolt, or stay true to Charlotte? Where's a good spot for him?

Reaction Score
I don't think there's any chance he leaves Charlotte. He likes it there and MJ loves him.

Dallas is supposedly interested in blowing their wad on Vucevic. I guess they want an all white & Euro squad.
Lonzo shouldn't be a deterrent in LA; he'd fit next to Kemba pretty well.
I don't think the Knicks will be interested in him.

Reaction Score
It is in Kemba's best interest to move on basketball wise but we know he is loyal. He needs to sneak in to the 3rd team all NBA for a super max. Is it in the Hornets best interest to pay Kemba 200 mil? They will finally get off Biyombo, MKG and Williams after next year and will clear up 45 mil, then Batum and Zeller the next year clearing up a total of 87 mil. But they will be mediocre at best next year and what FA is going to Charlotte? But Kemba is literally the only reason they sell any tickets and I am not sure this franchise could handle a multi year intentional tank, which is their best shot at being a real contender if 5-10 years. They will probably sign Kemba to a max and then add some tier 2 "stars" after 20-21. Hopefully they can make a move up to the 3-5 seed for the last few years of his prime.

Reaction Score
Knicks would be great if he gets KD along. Also depends on Knicks draft spot........if they are #2 or #3 maybe they draft Morant as PG.

I suspect he will stay in Charlotte so it's actually best if they miss the playoffs this year (which it appears they will) & get into the lottery, who knows maybe a ping pong ball goes their way.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I think he stays in Charlotte on a max deal.

Reaction Score
If Kyrie leaves Boston is there any chance they look at Kemba?

I really hope he doesn’t waste his peak years in Charlotte.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I love LeBron but Kemba should stay far away from the dumpster fire developing in LA. I'd love to see him come to NYC just so I could see him play regularly.
talk about dumpster fires

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If Kyrie leaves Boston is there any chance they look at Kemba?

I really hope he doesn’t waste his peak years in Charlotte.

Boston has no cap space unless Al opted out and they dump Hayward with a pick or two on someone

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If Charlotte was serious they would’ve taken the generous donation of Otto porter that Chicago did.

Literally could’ve had him for nothing

Reaction Score
Im on the Kemba to the Knicks train. But after I draft (hopefully) Zion (or RJ second option), and sign Kemba - I go hard after Vucevic. Try to lure a sharpshooter like Bogdanovic. Fill that out with Knox, Trier, Jordan, Mudiay and Mitchell Robinson.

Let Zion and Kemba be the faces and have a talented guy like Vucevic who can play inside or outside fill the team out. He would be the perfect fit since he can do so much without the ball. He has great hands underneath and can hit the three.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom