Kelsey Plum | The Boneyard

Kelsey Plum

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, San Antonio wanted THREE picks from Dallas in exchange for Plum. Those picks became Akhator, Gray, and Davis.

Reaction Score
Plum, INSIDE GAME? Give me a break man. Writers liberty i guess. Made me laugh.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is kind of bumming me out. I hope the situation gets resolved one way or another. She's very competitive, I have a hard time believing she would choose to sit out a year as one of the articles suggested is an option.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Now this is what I call a real mess.

GM & coach not on board with the pick. Coach does want a 3 guard offense. Agent does not seem to have his client's best interests in mind. Trade rumors running about and yet no trade! Geez!

If SA really wanted Coates why didn't they just draft her?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You hit the nail on the head.... ridiculous... she should trade her agent lol :p

Idk, her agent, Lindsay Kagawa Colas, represents half the stars in the WNBA (e.g. Griner, Maya, Stewie). I think she knows what she's doing.

Reaction Score
Idk, her agent, Lindsay Kagawa Colas, represents half the stars in the WNBA (e.g. Griner, Maya, Stewie). I think she knows what she's doing.

By rocking the boat? She's not in charge of any team... She wasn't in charge of SA's draft pick... Would you want someone to rock the boat for you before you even played a game? Maybe she's losing her touch...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If SA really wanted Coates why didn't they just draft her?
Interesting comment. Watching the Boston Celtics getting outrebounded badly by the Chicago Bulls in the 1st 2 games of their playoff series, it is clear that their most pressing need with the 1st overall pick in the upcoming NBA draft (by way of Brooklyn) is a strong inside rebounder.

Despite that need, as well as the presence of super-talented pg Isaiah Thomas, the C's appear likely to draft pg Markelle Fultz of Washington. The logic of that pick is that if you have the #1 pick in the draft, you need to select a #1 talent, even if you ultimately end up trading the pick for a player or players that your team needs more.

On the women's side clearly Plum is the #1 talent in the draft. San Antonio may want to hold onto her for a year and then trade her for a high pick next year when players like Wilson, Billings and possibly Z could be available.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
By rocking the boat? She's not in charge of any team... She wasn't in charge of SA's draft pick... Would you want someone to rock the boat for you before you even played a game? Maybe she's losing her touch...

It's her job to do what's best for Her client, not the team. Getting her out of SA is the best option for her. Whether it happens or not is a separate issue.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Interesting comment. Watching the Boston Celtics getting outrebounded badly by the Chicago Bulls in the 1st 2 games of their playoff series, it is clear that their most pressing need with the 1st overall pick in the upcoming NBA draft (by way of Brooklyn) is a strong inside rebounder.

Despite that need, as well as the presence of super-talented pg Isaiah Thomas, the C's appear likely to draft pg Markelle Fultz of Washington. The logic of that pick is that if you have the #1 pick in the draft, you need to select a #1 talent, even if you ultimately end up trading the pick for a player or players that your team needs more.

On the women's side clearly Plum is the #1 talent in the draft. San Antonio may want to hold onto her for a year and then trade her for a high pick next year when players like Wilson, Billings and possibly Z could be available.

Re: celtics

There isn't a big guy remotely close to 1-1 worthy.

But I agree that when you have a start you either take them and figure it out or trade for a crapload of picks like the Orlando magic did in 93 with Chris Webber.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Re: celtics

There isn't a big guy remotely close to 1-1 worthy.
My point exactly. The same is true on the women's side IMO.

Reaction Score
I had wished the STARS would draft Coates. Now i really wished they did. Like Plum alot, all I figure is the front office wanted Plum alot for the draw, to sell tickets. I think this was a mistake. SA just needed a big post player. Just my opinion.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

The agent's job is to do what's best for her client. If her client wants to be a PG and the team that drafted her already has a starting point guard, "rocking the boat" seems like the appropriate course of action.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Why couldn't they trade one of the other two?
According to reports, SA explored a number of different trade options, asking for quite a lot for the #1 pick, but nothing worked out. Assuming that SA doesn't believe they will be a championship caliber team this season, they may have simply decided to stand pat and attempt to make a move next year when the draft will be loaded.

Reaction Score
The agent's job is to do what's best for her client. If her client wants to be a PG and the team that drafted her already has a starting point guard, "rocking the boat" seems like the appropriate course of action.
If that's the way Plum wanted to enter the league without having proved her self first... then she's getting what she wants. FYI they all have starting point guards already lol...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
If that's the way Plum wanted to enter the league without having proved her self first... then she's getting what she wants. FYI they all have starting point guards already lol...

If Plum's attitude is "Sure, I'll play whatever position they want" and her agent is doing this, then I agree that her agent is doing wrong by her.

Reaction Score
If Plum's attitude is "Sure, I'll play whatever position they want" and her agent is doing this, then I agree that her agent is doing wrong by her.
As neither of us really know... yet :) It would be disheartening if Plum is pushing this, and I'm thinking that it won't go over well with other players or teams if she is behind this. :(

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As neither of us really know... yet :) It would be disheartening if Plum is pushing this, and I'm thinking that it won't go over well with other players or teams if she is behind this. :(
You mean like EDD holding up the Chicago Sky until they traded her to Washington? :oops:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A trade may still materialize, I think there are 12 days to do it. I suspect that San Antonio miscalculated what she would be worth on the market and now are still scrambling to do something. For me, Kelsey is obviously a vibrant personality and she's a shooter, but her foot speed and lack of defense discount her gaudy numbers as she moves up to the WNBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom