Kelsey Plum speaks UConn | The Boneyard

Kelsey Plum speaks UConn

Reaction Score
She's awesome. I liked her anyway already...she seems to have a good head on her shoulders.

But the scrutiny this year she was still normal and just kept balling. And her comments in that video clip were great. Good on here.

Reaction Score
Huskies vs Huskies would be awesome. Not only is Plum great to watch (and boy what a terrific interview she gave), I have to say that Chantel Osahor is my favorite Washington Husky. World's greatest non-jump shot.

Reaction Score
wow.............she's quite a kid................I see broadcasting in her future

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She is so direct in her interviews. No BS. In both manner and basketball, she seems like a cross between DT and Sue Bird.

Reaction Score
Yeah she is a great kid. Great worker in the classroom and on the court. Proud of her and her response to all of this attention because of the record.

Reaction Score
I think she is a real CLASS ACT. That said, she seemed a little slow afoot while playing N.D. earlier in the season.

Reaction Score
I might get ripped a bit on this, but I feel that Kelsey Plum reminds me a whole lot of Sue Bird. Similar kind of game. Ms. Plum will no doubt go on to have a wonderful WNBA career.

Why would anyone rip you for comparing a current great player to one of the greats in UConn history. We ain't that petty :)

Reaction Score
Plum did an interview with Sue Bird earlier this season. During that interview, Sue told Kelsey that she (Sue) even wore U Dub tee shirt and changed it,to Uconn for the final four. Both great people.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Why would anyone rip you for comparing a current great player to one of the greats in UConn history. We ain't that petty :)

Actually, there are some in the BY who would not even consider such a comparison without Plum winning a NC. This is ridiculous and does not take into account the incredible environment UConn (or TN in their day) had built up for winning NC's. Depending on how she plays and progresses at the next level, she may ultimately be considered one of the games best.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Hmmm, if I were a fan of the western species of Husky, I think I would take exception to ESPN -- while doing a story on WCBB that is not about UConn, presumably to balance out their coverage a bit -- devoting two thirds of their screen during much of the interview with Kelsey Plum to highlights of UConn's game against Memphis. That seemed out of focus to me -- it distracted from the subject of the story, and contributed to the stereotype that UConn gets all of the attention. Why not use the split screen to show highlights of Plum herself, or of the Washington Huskies?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I loved her response to "How would you guard yourself"

It would have been funny if she had made up some trash like, "Well, when I move to my right and pull up for an unguarded shot, it never goes in. So, push me to my right and back off a few feet."

Reaction Score
I read an article about how she idolized Sue and Diana growing up. I guess she had to collect herself before she met Diana.

Didn't realize this, but Morgan Valley is an assistant coach for Washington?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom