Kelsey Plum has a cannon for an arm! | The Boneyard

Kelsey Plum has a cannon for an arm!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Wonder if she played football and or baseball growing up. She's got some pretty decent throwing form!

Becoming such a fan of Plum. Gonna have to make it a point to check out Stars games on league pass.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wonder if she played football and or baseball growing up. She's got some pretty decent throwing form!

Becoming such a fan of Plum. Gonna have to make it a point to check out Stars games on league pass.
I thought the same thing. It is an efficient throw.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I thought the same thing. Her whole family played sports. One of her brothers played football in college. I'm willing to bet she tossed a football around at the very least growing up, if not playing semi-tackle football games.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nice form and follow through on her throw. Obviously an athlete. Better than most QB's in the League? M-m-m-m-m-m---No.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
When I as a freshman, there was a female student from New Jersey who could throw a tight spiral pass well over 40 yards - better passer than anyone else I knew, male or female.

I think my memory is intact in recalling that she had a pretty slight build and wasn't any taller than 5' 4". Just blessed with a very athletic arm.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Her throwing form is excellent. Very much like Ana outfielder making a long throw to the plate. Her stride, hip rotation, arm elevation and follow through are all highly efficient.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Her throwing form is excellent. Very much like Ana outfielder making a long throw to the plate. Her stride, hip rotation, arm elevation and follow through are all highly efficient.

Will come in handy for those 3/4 court desperation heaves she'll be throwing.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Will come in handy for those 3/4 court desperation heaves she'll be throwing.

Pessimistic view. Maybe she will lead the league with full court outlet passes to the fastest player in the league. :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Pessimistic view. Maybe she will lead the league with full court outlet passes to the fastest player in the league. :rolleyes:

Actually, my post was a bit of a social experiment. Can I say something on this forum that people who have really paid attention to what I say can take as a joke without a stupid silly face from the oh so limited silly faces ( I refuse to call them the cuddly emojie emojy or however the #@#!% they are called). I happen to be one of those people perplexed about the lack of a trade, but perhaps that has more to do with the medical evaluation of another guard on that team than anything else. I hope not. Then there is the whole Geno you can't have enough guards argument: Good if you are a college coach perhaps, bad if you're coaching in the WNBA. I really like Plum's grit, but I doubt she has what it takes to be an impact guard after people get over her being left handed, and most of those she'll face are way too smart for that. The defense issue will never be overcome, so unless she is all that and more on offense, she will not be a star in the WNBA. I suspect that is why the team that bought her can't trade her.

Reaction Score
Wonderful torque!

I went to school with a guy who had a pretty good arm. She has much better form. His name was Steve Young, by the way.

Reaction Score
You're completely wrong about Kelsey Plum. With that much determination she'll be successful. Maybe they were just asking too much. Obviously they had trade offers. Just not enough to make the trade.

Reaction Score
I like Plum. She seems supremely confident, but in an earthy way. Not haughty (and goodness knows some athletes are haughty). Don't know if she'll ever reach the franchise player level, but I hope she does well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom