Kelly Graves new HC at Oregon | The Boneyard

Kelly Graves new HC at Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
per Bret Mccormick:

The Oregon Ducks have hired Kelly Graves as their new Head Coach. Signed 6year contract. Was 317-176 in 14 years at GONZAGA.

I am somewhat surprised he left Gonzaga. Should make the PAC12 interesting.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I agree on both above!!!

Smart hire for the Ducks!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great hire - the best one so far.
I like it when ADs pay attention to geography. Ohio State made a good choice last year, Texas made a bad choice a while ago, and I like this hire.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Good choice.

On the whole, I give props to the PAC12 schools for good coaching choices, I think at least 8 of the 12 schools, possibly 9 have solid coaches in place now. For me, I can't warm up to June Daugherty, formerly of Washington and currently at Washington State and I have no opinion of Colorado. I think Utah and Arizona:( have the weakest.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
He inherits the leading rebounder in the country, J. Alleyne, and a high scoring freshman, C. Rowe.
I know he interviewed or was mentioned at other schools in the past. Gut feeling he likes smaller college towns than the big city, for his family life. Eugene is basically nothing but a college town on I-5. Couldnt see him going to UA in Tuscon or UW after McGuff left for tOSU, or USC after Cooper 1 was replaced by Cooper 2. He does make the Pac12 stronger and more balanced but I dont think the Pac12 will have a power team, as Stanford was the past years. I think they have some very solid teams, but no monsters, unless the UCLA team is that good. Not sure how WBB travels at Oregon but the Zags had their own private jet for the basketball teams. Wonder if he was at Oregon, and they were successful for the past few years, would Mercedes Russell have left to go to Tennessee. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom