Kelly Faris, Public Speaker | The Boneyard

Kelly Faris, Public Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WTIC covered the after parade ceremony on TV at 5:00 pm.

Am I the only one that thought Kelly was the most polished speaker on the podium this afternoon? This is the young lady that was "mike shy" when she came to Uconn four years ago. Now the words roll out so smoothly and elegantly. This young lady has the whole package well beyond basketball.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One of the advantages of coming to UConn. You have CD as a coach and mentor, plus lots of speaking opportunities.

Reaction Score
Her words to the crowd definitely came across as heartfelt, spontaneous and grateful. I'm so glad for her that she's going out "the right way."

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
As I say so often...she will be a great coach, and a great commentator, after her career in the WNBA!

Reaction Score

Am I the only one that thought Kelly was the most polished speaker on the podium this afternoon? This is the young lady that was "mike shy" when she came to Uconn four years ago. Now the words roll out so smoothly and elegantly. This young lady has the whole package well beyond basketball.
I didn't see today's coverage, but all year I've been amazed at Kelly's development in public speaking. She's so fluid, delightful and insightful whenever she is interviewed. She seems to have the knack of putting people at ease. Those who have faced her on the court probably disagree.

Reaction Score
I

Having seen even some of her high school interviews I don't think Kelly was ever "mike shy". Her story is not that of Nykesha Sales or some of the other truly to shy to speak players. Kelly never had a problem speaking when asked even as a freshman. And she was articulate and insightful from the very beginning of her UConn career. She was considered one of the best quotes on the team by the media immediately.

Reaction Score
I

Having seen even some of her high school interviews I don't think Kelly was ever "mike shy". Her story is not that of Nykesha Sales or some of the other truly to shy to speak players. Kelly never had a problem speaking when asked even as a freshman. And she was articulate and insightful from the very beginning of her UConn career. She was considered one of the best quotes on the team by the media immediately.

This doesn't mean she particularly likes public speaking and the press...she has some of the best expressions during press conferences. Sort of the "I'd rather be anyplace else but here" look!

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Photo by Danny K...

486330_507713429286922_1609313142_n.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I saw Kelly on the SNY show last night. She was excellent and very natural even while bringing it spontaneously.

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
One of the pleasures of following this team over the years has been to watch these 17 - 18 year old girls develop into accomplished, confident, articulate women.

Reaction Score
This doesn't mean she particularly likes public speaking and the press...she has some of the best expressions during press conferences. Sort of the "I'd rather be anyplace else but here" look!

Seems to me it's Geno with that look, not Kelly!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Caption the picture. Kelly, " Sorry, excuse coach for a moment. I just told him omouttahere wasn't my new name."

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Caption the picture. Kelly, " Sorry, excuse coach for a moment. I just told him omouttahere wasn't my new name."

I was poking around my office looking for something and came across an OMNU sign. Seems like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom