Kelly Faris in the house tonight | The Boneyard

Kelly Faris in the house tonight

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I noticed that also — she was wearing a light blue top and sitting just behind the UConn bench. I also noted that she was her usual subdued self — she did not visibly react to any of the great plays that UConn made on front of her when I could observe her.

She is another one that I think has the potential to have a star career that has (seemingly) nothing to do with basketball. I wish I knew what it would be.

Reaction Score
Wonder if she's ever given any thought to coaching? Too bad you can't teach the drive to excel she brought to the game. I watched one of her old teams play DePaul and she was making an impact everywhere.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I noticed that also — she was wearing a light blue top and sitting just behind the UConn bench. I also noted that she was her usual subdued self — she did not visibly react to any of the great plays that UConn made on front of her when I could observe her.

kf.jpg

Reaction Score
I was watching her as much as possible they the game. I was very surprised she wasn't clapping or cheering on either team. Seemed a bit mad. Ha IDK

Reaction Score
Kelly's parents too!! Still sporting the UConn gear.

Kelly said on Geno's show this week that she'll be heading overseas to play (country unknown at this time) in January.

Stewies dad visited her overseas rocking UConn gear

Reaction Score
I was always amazed how someone like Kelly, with a basketball IQ off the charts, phenomenal instincts, daughter of a coach, etc., could have such an abysmal lack of offensive skills. It's like she is missing a gene. She was the best defender I ever saw in UConn WCBB. Conversely, she was one of the worst scorers and, frankly, not a very good passer. Go figure.

Reaction Score
I was watching her as much as possible they the game. I was very surprised she wasn't clapping or cheering on either team. Seemed a bit mad. Ha IDK

Nah. That's just her. I always figured her father, the coach who didn't keep stats was like the coach I had - if you scored a tough basket, hell, any basket and saw fit to celebrate he'd laconically remind you next huddle, "let's pretend that you're going to do that again at some point in the future" and let it go at that. You only had to hear that once or twice before you developed the knack of a serene poker face regardless of what was going on around you.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

She was never one to wear her heart on her sleeve (is there an understatement emoji?).

I hope to see her coaching soon -- If she can communicate her knowledge she'll be great. Plus she won't be on the sidelines throwing her coat or anything like that.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I was always amazed how someone like Kelly, with a basketball IQ off the charts, phenomenal instincts, daughter of a coach, etc., could have such an abysmal lack of offensive skills. It's like she is missing a gene. She was the best defender I ever saw in UConn WCBB. Conversely, she was one of the worst scorers and, frankly, not a very good passer. Go figure.

Let's see, she was only the second person (after Maya) to have more than 1000 points, 750 rebounds, 500 assists and 250 steals.
Exactly 1137 points, 867 rebounds, 506 assists and 294 steals to be precise.
That's the facts, FanHam. Most of us remember her, and her contributions, a lot more fondly than you do.
She was always more about the team than her stats.

Reaction Score
Let's see, she was only the second person (after Maya) to have more than 1000 points, 750 rebounds, 500 assists and 250 steals.
That's the facts, FanHam. Most of us remember her, and her contributions, a lot more fondly than you do.

Her long and illustrious WNBA career attests to that fact, right ChicagoGG? Statistics are the last redoubt of the weak argument...

Reaction Score

FYI, ChicagoGG, Kelly's point total (at UConn) was 7.2 pts/game. She averaged 27.6 minutes per game. Not a point machine, to be sure. I cast no aspersions about her rebounding, her assists or her steals. Only her offensive game, or the lack thereof. Don't take it personally.

Reaction Score
It would appear that the only thing lacking here is someone's fundamental misunderstanding of what it takes to play for UConn. Faris was, still is the consummate team player who unfailingly put the team's goals ahead of her own. The fact that she was only the second player after Moore to finish with more than 1K points, 750 rebounds, 500 assts, and 250 steals says a whole lot more about her ability and value to the team than mewling about her scoring output ever will. But do go on, it's a slow week and this is amusing.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Her long and illustrious WNBA career attests to that fact, right ChicagoGG? Statistics are the last redoubt of the weak argument...

I believe we were speaking about her UConn career, and to bolster your side, you have now injected her professional career to support the disparaging feeling you have about Kelly's play. I just gave you the facts. Facts speak for themselves. And are not personal. You seem to have a glass that is not only half-empty, but cracked, when it comes to Kelly.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Great defender. Not a good outside shooter. If she had been merely a good defender she would not have had a noticeable career. Her defense could not be undervalued. Different story in the pros.

She seems miserable in that picture, but snapshots rarely tell a complete story. It also could have been taken any time in the first 3 quarters when ND was making us look like an also ran.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
She seems miserable in that picture, but snapshots rarely tell a complete story. It also could have been taken any time in the first 3 quarters when ND was making us look like an also ran.

The picture was from the DePaul game, not the Notre Dame game, which (at least for me) makes it a bit more puzzling.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The picture was from the DePaul game, not the Notre Dame game, which (at least for me) makes it a bit more puzzling.

Hah. Maybe she was thinking “Ho him, still UConn and then everyone else.”

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
FYI, ChicagoGG, Kelly's point total (at UConn) was 7.2 pts/game. She averaged 27.6 minutes per game. Not a point machine, to be sure. I cast no aspersions about her rebounding, her assists or her steals. Only her offensive game, or the lack thereof. Don't take it personally.
She had more career assists than Moriah Jefferson. Passing was never an issue.

Reaction Score
I think she guarded the oppositions' best offensive player, and generally was very successful. Not everyone on the team needs to score all the points.
Wish she would smile more, never seems very happy.

Reaction Score
Maybe she doesn’t smile more cause she’s sick of people telling her to smile ...... move on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom