Kelis fisher was at Steph Curry’s Camp | The Boneyard

Kelis fisher was at Steph Curry’s Camp

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
She shows that lateral move off the dribble quite a few times here. Paige does it all the time as well, and Steph Curry is the maestro. Very pretty, very effective way of creating space.

It is a great move but like the famous “Eurostep” move, or the KLS bunny hop move, I am still coming to grips with the notion that it is not a travel. I can’t explain it but I will take it on faith.

Reaction Score
She shows that lateral move off the dribble quite a few times here. Paige does it all the time as well, and Steph Curry is the maestro. Very pretty, very effective way of creating space.

It is a great move but like the famous “Eurostep” move, or the KLS bunny hop move, I am still coming to grips with the notion that it is not a travel. I can’t explain it but I will take it on faith.
You and a lot of NCAA referees...........;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

That's because you're old school. Things and times change Huskee11. Back in the mid to late 60s, the Euro step was considered traveling.....and it would have been called. We only had two referees and no 3-point line back then. Back then....:rolleyes: remember when EVERYBODY wore "Chuck Taylor" basketball sneakers? Nike, Addidas, etc. had not been thought of yet, let alone marketed. Ahhhh...those were the daze. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That's because you're old school. Things and times change Huskee11. Back in the mid to late 60s, the Euro step was considered traveling.....and it would have been called. We only had two referees and no 3-point line back then. Back then....:rolleyes: remember when EVERYBODY wore "Chuck Taylor" basketball sneakers? Nike, Addidas, etc. had not been thought of yet, let alone marketed. Ahhhh...those were the daze. :rolleyes:
I remember my PF Flyers with the magic flying wedge in the soles.

Reaction Score
For sure--back in the day, the Euro step was considered international travel. Anything fancy and/or questionable of a move, the refs would blow the whistle. i used to do a swim move with the ball, which is a fairly common move nowadays, but back when, the refs would always call travelling or carrying the ball. Finally, at the state tournament, the chief official pointed out to the officiating crew that my swim move was not a travel or a carry...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

I'm with you on all counts. Also, especially in the WNBA, when a player catches a pass on the move beyond the top of the key and takes two or three steps before deciding which foot will be their pivot foot.

Carnac

Reaction Score
When I was in HS, if you tried to dribble behind your back, it was a carry. In fact, every 3rd or 4th possession was a carry.
Wow, Chuck Taylors. 60's and 70's Those were the days.....No Addidas or Nike......
Adidas in the early 70s. We didn't miss those shoes because you don't miss something you've never had. We didn't miss cellphones or the internet either. Magic Johnson "carried" the ball every time he dribbled. :eek:

How can you be stationary with BOTH feet on the ground, take a leap in any direction and come down with the ball, and it not be traveling?!? :eek: It was traveling then, it's traveling now. Nobody (that I played with or against) did the Euro step back then because it was traveling. We all knew it. Like dribbling the ball with both hands. It was illegal.........and you didn't have to be a genius to understand it either. That was good because none of us were.

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Adidas in the early 70s. We didn't miss those shoes because you don't miss something you've never had. We didn't miss cellphones or the internet either. Magic Johnson "carried" the ball every time he dribbled. :eek:

How can you be stationary with BOTH feet on the ground, take a leap in any direction and come down with the ball, and it not be traveling?!? :eek: It was traveling then, it's traveling now. Nobody (that I played with or against) did the Euro step back then because it was traveling. We all knew it. Like dribbling the ball with both hands. It was illegal.........and you didn't have to be a genius to understand it either. That was good because none of us were.
Nice post. Michael Jordan was also a chronic carrier.

Every time I see the Euro in the WNBA I think it's traveling. Witness Diamond Miller.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Wow, Chuck Taylors. 60's and 70's Those were the days.....No Addidas or Nike......
Yeah I remember those and Red Ball Jets which were supposed to make you run faster and jump higher, spoiler alert....they didn't. Cost abt $8.00 and were a sprained ankle waiting to happen, but wasn't bad bcus sprained ankles healed in abt 2 days. Lmao

Reaction Score
My mother worked at the Endicott Johnson Shoe factory in Endicott NY when i was a youngster. I only wore Endicott Johnson sneakers (they were free) until the first Nike Air Jordan's came out in 1980/81.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
So, speaking of Kelis, and not sure a new thread should be started, but any guesses on the "breaking news"? I thought she announced a new HS this fall, so ... graduating early? NIL deal? Hmmm.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, speaking of Kelis, and not sure a new thread should be started, but any guesses on the "breaking news"? I thought she announced a new HS this fall, so ... graduating early? NIL deal? Hmmm.

I hope the breaking news is that she has a NIL deal with SC30.

Carnac

Reaction Score
My mother worked at the Endicott Johnson Shoe factory in Endicott NY when i was a youngster. I only wore Endicott Johnson sneakers (they were free) until the first Nike Air Jordan's came out in 1980/81.
Something I've never been able to do, argue about something being free. I've ALWAYS liked free. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice post. Michael Jordan was also a chronic carrier.

Every time I see the Euro in the WNBA I think it's traveling. Witness Diamond Miller.

Diamond has very long legs, like Angel Reese. Her Euro step covers at least all of Belgium.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom