OT: Keith Richards | The Boneyard

OT: Keith Richards

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1612233587356.png

Reaction Score
Still alive, amazing. I love this guy!
I met him in 1998. After finishing playing Pop Warner football I helped coach the team for a couple years and we were playing the Aspetuck Valley (Easton/Weston/Redding) team. Apparently he has a daughter a year or 2 younger than me that was cheerleading so he actually showed up to the game.

Keith was everything he was advertised to be. He swirled as he stood and held a long detailed conversation with a golden retriever where he carried on like the dog was responding to him.

No way in hell I though I'd be sitting here 23 years later that person would still be alive.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Too bad his only written the prologue.

I wonder how much he contributed through interviews. A lot of it rings true. But who knows.

Hilariously, Zlatan Ibrahimovic's lauded autobiography was written by a Swedish novelist who invented every single quote for the book.

I started to read ghostwritten football books and I must say I’ve never read such boring books in my whole life. I said to myself, ‘I can’t do it.’ Then – I shouldn’t really admit it – I decided to write it as a novel. I didn’t really quote him. I started to find this literary illusion of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and then I got into writing it.
You can imagine the moment when I, the fake Zlatan Ibrahimovic, had to send the manuscript to the real Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He wasn’t really a book reader. He doesn’t really like journalists who take liberties and I really took liberties, so you can imagine how nervous I was. I remember he said, ‘You must come to my house and speak about the book.' I was so nervous I arrived 20 minutes early, and the police came because there were rumours there was some crazy guy walking outside Zlatan’s house.

The first thing he said was: “What the ---- is this? I never said this!’ But after a while I think he understood what I was trying to do. Nowadays he thinks it’s really his story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom