Keeping the Notre Dame game in perspective | The Boneyard

Keeping the Notre Dame game in perspective

Reaction Score
This game doesn't really have any substantive consequences. Really!

I mean, yes, it is UConn vs. ND, the very best rivalry in women's college basketball. And there is no love lost between these two.

Nonetheless, it is taking place in December, not March or April.

Our winning 3 in a row in 2011 did not do it for us in the tournament.

Their winning 3 in a row in 2013 meant nothing when Stewie "became Stewie" and lit them up for 29. (Muffet was sitting on the bench thinking, "Oh my, I have to deal with this for 3 more years, and she is only going to get better. And she already is the best player in the country." :))

Yes, we will all root really hard on Sunday, but I'm pretty Zen about it right now.

If we play them in late March or early April, I will not be so Zen. :rolleyes:

I will work on being composed for this one. We shall see.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I beg to differ. Last season we didn't have the chance to get revenge after MsSt not only stopped us from having another undefeated season and getting #12 but they stopped THE STREAK. This year's team at least can get revenge for not getting an undefeated season last season and in the process, make sure that ND doesn't have a chance at a substantial streak. I think our team will have plenty of incentive but I will agree that it is a December game and there will be plenty of games to win before the Big Dance.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This game doesn't really have any substantive consequences. Really!
I mean, yes, it is UConn vs. ND, the very best rivalry in women's college basketball. And there is no love lost between these two.
Nonetheless, it is taking place in December, not March or April.
Our winning 3 in a row in 2011 did not do it for us in the tournament.
Their winning 3 in a row in 2013 meant nothing when Stewie "became Stewie" and lit them up for 29. (Muffet was sitting on the bench thinking, "Oh my, I have to deal with this for 3 more years, and she is only going to get better. And she already is the best player in the country." :))
Yes, we will all root really hard on Sunday, but I'm pretty Zen about it right now.
If we play them in late March or early April, I will not be so Zen. :rolleyes:
I will work on being composed for this one. We shall see.
It sounds like you are telling me not to be too anxious about this game on Sunday because of a game that "might" happen in April or March. I'm not feeling that, I'm already nervous, this is ND @ND. KLS and Napheesa will not get another chance to tarnish that golden dome.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It sounds like you are telling me not to be too anxious about this game on Sunday because of a game that "might" happen in April or March. I'm not feeling that, I'm already nervous, this is ND @ND. KLS and Napheesa will not get another chance to tarnish that golden dome.

Our student managers redo those domes every weekend. Ooops, those are the football helmets! ;)

I'm with you...as much as this is the early part of the season and we know the "big" game is hopefully in late March/early April, there's no way this is a "let's see what happens event." KLS & Napheesa; Bri, Jess, Arike and Marina. Woo hoo!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our student managers redo those domes every weekend. Ooops, those are the football helmets! ;)

I'm with you...as much as this is the early season and we know the "big" game is hopefully in late March/early April, there's no way this is a "let's see what happens event." KLS & Napheesa. Bri, Jess, Arike and Marina. Woo hoo!

We all enjoy watching WBB; can’t fault that WOO! HOO! My translation.

Reaction Score

I'm with you...as much as this is the early season and we know the "big" game is hopefully in late March/early April, there's no way this is a "let's see what happens event." KLS & Napheesa. Bri, Jess, Arike and Marina. Woo hoo!

No it isn't march and only bragging rights are on the line and it's at Notre Dame and Garth Brooks will be entertaining after the game so it's no big deal.
Yet, when I do the Zen thing I usually expect to lose.
Can we buy out the ND team?
The economy won't fold because either team loses. The politics, as it is today, won't change. The day after the game will be just like the day before. This just isn't that important. (Read what I say AFTER we win)
No Uconn isn't a lock to win nor in my less than humble opinion is Notre Dame. Notre Dame has a height advantage and all kinds of big time name s who have fire power.
All Uconn has is: Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier, Okey Dokie Williams, Crystal Dangerfield, Megan Walker with subs ONO and Touly--obviously we ARE Doomed.
Oldude/Bama/ BigPet--how do you spell facetious?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
No it isn't march and only bragging rights are on the line and it's at Notre Dame and Garth Brooks will be entertaining after the game so it's no big deal.
Yet, when I do the Zen thing I usually expect to lose.
Can we buy out the ND team?
The economy won't fold because either team loses. The politics, as it is today, won't change. The day after the game will be just like the day before. This just isn't that important. (Read what I say AFTER we win)
No Uconn isn't a lock to win nor in my less than humble opinion is Notre Dame. Notre Dame has a height advantage and all kinds of big time name s who have fire power.
All Uconn has is: Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier, Okey Dokie Williams, Crystal Dangerfield, Megan Walker with subs ONO and Touly--obviously we ARE Doomed.
Oldude/Bama/ BigPet--how do you spell facetious?
Try this spelling on for size: F-L-I-P-P-A-N-T. Roll it around on your tongue. See how it feels. If you like it, keep it. ;) As for the doomsayer stuff, try Cassandra, or if you are a poultry aficionado, try Chicken Little. ;)

Reaction Score
C’mon, what a great game. ND vs OSU was a hand wringer. UCONN vs St. John’s....does ND’s inside strength give them an advantage? Does UCONN’s talent, quickness, shooting, coaching win the day?
In the long run, it isn’t important. I’ll be watching!

Reaction Score
Yeah, no big deal. #1 vs #2, no biggie.

Right. Tell KLS that. Tell Napheesa that. HA! I don't care what Geno tells the players or the press, deep down in places he doesn't talk about at parties Geno KNOWS this is a big game. Don't kid yourself - this is a BIG FREAKIN' GAME!

Reaction Score
I agree with j66kicker, if this is not a big game then there are no big games in the regular season ... these are the games that AA's are made. While winning while playing team ball are #1 priority, KLS and Pheesa better recognize this game will carry a lot of weight in their perception as the best players in the country : - )

I also think Christyn will have a statement game. Game to hard to honestly call because of ND is a great team at home and not sure if the chemistry is there yet for us, but I certainly see this being a close game and would only be shocked if its one-sided game.

Reaction Score
Yeah, no big deal. #1 vs #2, no biggie.

Right. Tell KLS that. Tell Napheesa that. HA! I don't care what Geno tells the players or the press, deep down in places he doesn't talk about at parties Geno KNOWS this is a big game. Don't kid yourself - this is a BIG FREAKIN' GAME!
Solid “A Few Good Men” reference! :D:D:D:D:D

Reaction Score
I also think Christyn will have a statement game. Game to hard to honestly call because of ND is a great team at home and not sure if the chemistry is there yet for us, but I certainly see this being a close game and would only be shocked if its one-sided game.
This is the kind of game where the young players will grow up a little bit. The chemistry should move forward about 2 months on that night - "foxhole' type thing. It could all gel right there. Plus Christyn may relish the pressure and the national spotlight and just 'go off.' In any case, if we're hitting shots and stay pretty much out of foul trouble we'll be fine. I fully expect UConn to wake up next Monday as AP #1.

Reaction Score
We better worry about beating a very good/dangerous team in DePaul first, this game is going to be a tough match up for the Huskies! DePaul can score with anybody in the country and has a bunch of 3 point shooters that can really hurt you from the outside. The Huskies are a work in progress on the defensive end and really struggle against closing out and contesting jump shooters along the arc, This is also the first game back after the holiday/trip to St. Thomas and I'm sure getting over the jet lag and settling back into a routine has been tough. This game has all the makings of an upset game and I just hope the Huskies are ready for DePaul on Wednesday night.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Well, if both teams only use five players I'm going with UCONN...
However, Our defense is not even close to where it needs to be.

It will be interesting to see if our players can bring a sense of Husky pride as it did two seasons ago when everyone had them picked to lose half a dozen games. Dangerfield/CW to me are the x-factors in this early contest, let's hope they both bring a certain (bounce/energy and confidence) SWAG to the game.

UC by 5 or ND by 15

Reaction Score
C’mon, what a great game. ND vs OSU was a hand wringer. UCONN vs St. John’s....does ND’s inside strength give them an advantage? Does UCONN’s talent, quickness, shooting, coaching win the day?
In the long run, it isn’t important. I’ll be watching!
I know I'll be watching this game closely. I want to see how OSU might measure up to UCONN after OSU played Notre Dame. Even if OSU had not played ND, this is going to be a great WBB game. Fun!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Solid “A Few Good Men” reference! :D:D:D:D:D
"Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties... you want to win this game; you need to win this game."

For me this is a measuring stick. In all honesty, I don't think we are ready ...yet. Still, let's lace 'em up and see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom