Keep it simple…”INJURIES” | The Boneyard

Keep it simple…”INJURIES”

Reaction Score
This team will be heard from in April! If….they’re healthy. If healthy Uconn and SC for the Chip!

Reaction Score
This year has been a nightmare for UCONN. Maybe it would be better not to bring Paige back so that she won't risk getting hurt again and will be completely healthy next year. Just my two cense!

Reaction Score
The big thing is IF this team can get healthy. It was one thing when we had Paige, Azzi, and Nika out and we were hoping to systematically reintroduce them back. Since, it’s been Nika and Azzi come back, Williams gets COVID, Dorka goes out, Dorka comes back, Ducharme goes out, then ONO goes out. Heck Geno even missed a game.

I’m holding out hope, but I’m not sure it’s a guarantee we ever get to see the full team, less Aubrey, at full health. The tournament starts in 5 weeks, I’m not convinced that’s enough time for Paige to return and also get back to 100%. That’s a big ask. The good news is her at 75% is still pretty dang good.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This year has been a nightmare for UCONN. Maybe it would be better not to bring Paige back so that she won't risk getting hurt again and will be completely healthy next year. Just my two cense!
When Paige is cleared medically and has a few practices under her belt, no way is anyone going to keep her out of a game. Have you noticed her during games? She is a cheerleader, gives the 5 players returning to the court after a time out "advice" and last night's 4th quarter team huddle, which she did most of the talking.

Reaction Score
Paige, Azzi, Caroline Ducharme, CW and ONO all are in the very to extremely good range players. The rest are role players that have good games and games they disappear or not ready to help this year. If the five named players are healthy come tournament time we will be final four quality. If EW, AE, Nika and Dorka can add relatively mistake free minutes to the mix UConn will be a tough out for anyone. If healthy I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Paige can hurt next year as well. Maybe UConn shouldn't bring her back at all. Let her finish her degree. UConn can assign her a helper, someone to carry her books, so she won't get hurt going to and from class.

Reaction Score
Paige, Azzi, Caroline Ducharme, CW and ONO all are in the very to extremely good range players. The rest are role players that have good games and games they disappear or not ready to help this year. If the five named players are healthy come tournament time we will be final four quality. If EW, AE, Nika and Dorka can add relatively mistake free minutes to the mix UConn will be a tough out for anyone. If healthy I like our chances.
I think you are correct on the five. In another post I mentioned that for me the key stat was that our two bigs against Villanova had 1 rebound in 30 minutes and 1 rebound in 20 minutes. That is not showing effort. The announcers kept saying it is all about effort. Someone did mention Dorka has a bad foot, I was not aware of that. Edwards may also have an issue I am not aware of. But if they are that injured or sick, unable to hustle and rebound, then they should also be rested like CD and Liv and let DeBerry and Piath play and the chips fall where they may. But as noted I have no idea as to the state of any injuries or non injuries, so just speculating.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
This team will be heard from in April! If….they’re healthy. If healthy Uconn and SC for the Chip!
I hope it is before April 4. The Final is on April 3.

Reaction Score
The big thing is IF this team can get healthy. It was one thing when we had Paige, Azzi, and Nika out and we were hoping to systematically reintroduce them back. Since, it’s been Nika and Azzi come back, Williams gets COVID, Dorka goes out, Dorka comes back, Ducharme goes out, then ONO goes out. Heck Geno even missed a game.

I’m holding out hope, but I’m not sure it’s a guarantee we ever get to see the full team, less Aubrey, at full health. The tournament starts in 5 weeks, I’m not convinced that’s enough time for Paige to return and also get back to 100%. That’s a big ask. The good news is her at 75% is still pretty dang good.
The one player this team has to have for any chance at winning is Liv. Her defense ability to pass, set screens, rebound and block shots.
Also how many shots she changes on defense. Liv is the MIP ( Most Important Player) on this team.

Reaction Score
The one player this team has to have for any chance at winning is Liv. Her defense ability to pass, set screens, rebound and block shots.
Also how many shots she changes on defense. Liv is the MIP ( Most Important Player) on this team.
I agree with you 90% right up until "MIP". But this team will not win without Liv.

Reaction Score
did Stanford become ineligible? How about Nc st? There are other teams that will have something to say about winning the ntl title or making the final. Who woulda ever thought last season Arizona would be in the final? There are too many good teams now to just say it's a 2 team race. Stanford and South Carolina are the favorites, but all it takes is one team to get hot on one night and to break the bracket.

Reaction Score
The hiccups seem to happen when the team does not have time to adjust to the loss of players who are core to a rotation. First loss was to a great team, SC. Next two were with Paige missing. Then it was CW. Most recent loss was ONO and CD. Hope the tide turns soon and more players come back healthy!

Reaction Score
I think you are correct on the five. In another post I mentioned that for me the key stat was that our two bigs against Villanova had 1 rebound in 30 minutes and 1 rebound in 20 minutes. That is not showing effort. The announcers kept saying it is all about effort. Someone did mention Dorka has a bad foot, I was not aware of that. Edwards may also have an issue I am not aware of. But if they are that injured or sick, unable to hustle and rebound, then they should also be rested like CD and Liv and let DeBerry and Piath play and the chips fall where they may. But as noted I have no idea as to the state of any injuries or non injuries, so just speculating.
Is half a Dorka and half an Edwards worth one whole Paith or DeBerry? The latter two give us 10 more fouls and a major height advantage against Morrow. We front Morrow and chest defend DePaul's best passers to prevent passes into Morrow. I could state and win my case in a court of law! We win, hands up!

Reaction Score
Their defense the other night was poor and it’s admittedly been inconsistent with all the players in and out, but it was basically a new lineup against Nova with zero time from Olivia. They’ve played stretches of good and spirited defense this year. Need a consistent lineup.

I do agree that throwing Piath and DeBerry in there against Morrow would not be in UCONN’s interest. They haven’t played enough and would not improve the team defense.

Reaction Score
I’ll take Paige at 75% provided its 100% she will not re-injure the knee.
Paige's 80% is better than anyone else's 100%.

However, if she is over compensating, there is more danger of hurting the opposite side.

I am praying for her medical clearance to practice next week, and being able to play at 100% [of Paige Buecker's] against Providence on Sunday, 2/27/2022 to shake off the rust before the BE tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom