Keep Calm and Trust in Geno | The Boneyard

Keep Calm and Trust in Geno

Reaction Score
The old me would be freaking out too after missing out on Boston...but the more mature and calm me these days (I’d like to think)...has faith that this will all work out. Geno and company will be just fine.

Walker will continue to get better and will be a beast...Williams will end up a top 5 scorer in UConn’s history once all is said and done...Dangerfield will be our fearless leader next year...ONO will be much better by the end of this year and make a big sophomore leap next year....and Haley Jones....yes Haley Jones will be suiting up in a Huskies uniform next and filling out the 5th starter spot. My ‘inside source’ on Jones you ask? My gut. ;)

Still have Coombs as a back up to Dangerfield...Aubrey Griffin will end up being a very good and athletic option coming off the bench...and hopefully Batouly and Irwin can step up to give the starters a break. They are going to get a lot more minutes this year compared to years past to gain some more experience. I’m still nervous about Batouly’s health and what she can actually give us as well..but we will find out more about that as the year goes on.

Yes, we do need a haul of talent for the following couple of classes...but we will still be very good next year. We need to trust Geno and company...I think he’s earned that by this point...wouldn’t you agree?! It took 2 buzzer beaters the past 2 years to defeat us. And Geno keeps hauling in #1 players. Haley Jones will follow suit.

Who knows...Geno May find a couple of gem grad transfers as well next year to add some depth. Have faith Husky Nation!

Reaction Score
If none of the big High School names want to come to UCONN, we have to live with that. Geno, CD and Shea have to figure out a way around that limitation. Every university has its moments. Alabama has been national football champions forever, it seems. But one day, the winds will shift. UCONN has had more moments than most. Victory as an under-dog has great appeal. We all want to get the top 5 HS players each year. But one can argue that makes winning too easy. I can't agree with the " relax and be calm," mantra, it isn't in my nature. But I do understand having to live with disappointment, and having to make the best of what you have. Like Beethoven.

Reaction Score
the question is does Geno still trust Geno? If Jones ends up not choosing UConn, Geno will be 0-3 with his Top 10 recruiting this year...........I'm not sure when the last time that happened...............was it just an aberration or are top recruits just looking for a different kind of environment?

The 2020 class with a wealth of talent seems to be just what the doctor ordered to get UConn back on top for years to come..............Geno has often said that the day he can't find the kind of recruits he wants to coach will be the day he considers retirement..................let's see how he handles this recruiting class..................I'm hoping he knocks it out of the park............

Reaction Score
I mentioned in another thread that Jolette Law has already made a huge impact as a recruiter coming over from Tennessee to South Carolina...and I can see the appeal to a recruit of a team not too far removed from a National Championship..and that leads the nation in attendance. Some people just want to make a name for themselves elsewhere. Of course we are greedy and want to see their names added to the walls of Gampel one day for all of their accomplishments instead...but that’s just not realistic.

I definitely agree that the next 2 classes are extremely important for us. Getting Jones next week will calm everyone down a bit...then let’s hope we hit the jackpot next year!

Reaction Score
Maybe Geno can accompany Coach Jose from USF to Europe this spring and find some players there. Or, worst case, Geno can just go with 4 vs 5 next season. Every Husky recruit has not been a top 5 player, but most of the transcendent stars have been. We are the only ones who seem unable to imagine why any top athlete wouldn't want to come to Storrs. Que sera, etc.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It would probably be very hard for a grad transfer to succeed at UConn unless she catches on very quickly. Z was hear two years and still had not adjusted to the UConn system. More than likely a grad transfer will not want to come to UConn and spend a lot of time on the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom