KD on UA | The Boneyard

KD on UA

Reaction Score
From the looks of things on college campuses, everyone is wearing white sneakers. And Adidas is the most popular. Shell toe. UA missed the boat. It's like the late 1980s now when it comes to fashion.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I've purchased UA basketball sneakers for my kids when they aged 10 and under. At that age UA is a nice looking , affordable , durable sneaker that kids don't mind wearing. Once kids reach about 10 and older, they want Nikes ( Kyries, KD's , Lebron, etc.). Most "affordable " Nikes that I've purchased for them were poorly made, uncomfortable and One shoe even busted open during a game. UA probably should've gotten one other NBA player besides Curry to compete against Nike.

Reaction Score
The are really doing a good job with their cleats though. My son has two pair and he loves them, picked them out himself. I see numerous kids on the field with UA cleats so I assume they have a nice market for them, that just might be their niche.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'd give you an orthopaedic surgeon assessment of Nike vs UA vs Adidas if you want. But to keep it simple let's just say that the first two are marketing companies that happen to sell athletic shoes, while the last is a shoe company trying to compete in the marketplace.

Reaction Score
Does KD all of a sudden have a lot to say or what? Cause everyday I hear a new headline on KD says this.............see remarks on Dion Waters, Cavs and Celtics trade, UA, Trump, Isaiah Thomas, Kyrie, Super teams, White house trip, India, etc. I mean I understand the ship fame and all but he was famous and HOF bound before GS and I hardly heard a peep from him in the media. Literally everyday it something new. Don't care that much but damn my media outlets are saturated with and hanging on every last line of this dude.

Reaction Score
I'd give you an orthopaedic surgeon assessment of Nike vs UA vs Adidas if you want. But to keep it simple let's just say that the first two are marketing companies that happen to sell athletic shoes, while the last is a shoe company trying to compete in the marketplace.
Saw a good point made that Under Armor hasn't bridged the gap between selling athletic apparel and equipment, and selling "lifestyle" apparel and equipment. And so they're still playing catch-up big-time. They are, of course, a much younger company than the other two

Reaction Score
I've played in all three and now I'm a adidas man through and through. I could care less about how my basketball shoes look, adidas are the best to play in IMO.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

New Balance?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
New Balance?
New Balance and Asics are also very good shoe companies. Mizuno isn't bad, but not for hoop. Puma, other than their soccer shoes, are more a fashion company. @WhereistheDove? Has it right - you will always find a good Adidas shoe for hoop, or soccer. Use New Balance or Asics for running. And working with my football players, pretty sure there really aren't any good, easily obtainable football shoes. Fortunately they only have to run for 7-8 seconds at a time.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
New Balance and Asics are also very good shoe companies. Mizuno isn't bad, but not for hoop. Puma, other than their soccer shoes, are more a fashion company. @WhereistheDove? Has it right - you will always find a good Adidas shoe for hoop, or soccer. Use New Balance or Asics for running. And working with my football players, pretty sure there really aren't any good, easily obtainable football shoes. Fortunately they only have to run for 7-8 seconds at a time.

I just bought 2 pairs of asics for my regular gym training and cross training needs.

Reaction Score
I've long been a Saucony customer, they make,great shoes

Reaction Score
Adidas is killing it in footwear in general. You see tons of people in Stan Smiths, Ultra Boosts and NMDs. They also have the best basketball shoes; Dames, Hardens, Crazy Explosive are all incredibly comfortable and look nice. Boost is all the rage right now.

Nike still kills it and I see a lot of kids hooping in Kobe's, KD's, retro Jordan's and especially Kyries. They may be losing ground to Adidas but started with such a huge head start.

I see Curry's on the feet of one group in general and that is 7-13 year old white kids. The main problem I see with the brand, other than being young and having the other brands entrenched is the fact that their logo is ugly and they feature prominently on most shoes. Fortunately for them, the new Curry that will come out this Fall and the Drive 4 have a much sleeker and understated design and actually look really nice. UA shoes are always well reviewed; no one likes the way they look and they just aren't "cool." They signed Dennis Smith and Josh Jackson this summer and I think Smith especially has tons of marketing potential due to his playing style.

Reaction Score
UA wears out faster on outdoor courts than the others for whatever reason.

Nike sizing can be weird, but i lile them best. Lebron fit is wideeeee

Adidas is underrated. I dig the new hardens

Reaction Score
I've played in all three and now I'm a adidas man through and through. I could care less about how my basketball shoes look, adidas are the best to play in IMO.
There's just something about old school stuff that still kicks arse.

bob-lanier-of-the-detroit-pistons-shoots-over-wes-unseld-of-the-an-picture-id143300178

Reaction Score
Adidas is killing it in footwear in general. You see tons of people in Stan Smiths, Ultra Boosts and NMDs. They also have the best basketball shoes; Dames, Hardens, Crazy Explosive are all incredibly comfortable and look nice. Boost is all the rage right now.

I felt like a hypebeast buying my first pair of tricolor NMDs but they're great and now I can't get enough of them. I've been wearing Stan Smiths since I was a kid but now I'm all over the boost primeknit version, too.

Nike Is Hurting More Than Wall Street Thinks, Top Analyst Warns

Reaction Score
I felt like a hypebeast buying my first pair of tricolor NMDs but they're great and now I can't get enough of them. I've been wearing Stan Smiths since I was a kid but now I'm all over the boost primeknit version, too.

Nike Is Hurting More Than Wall Street Thinks, Top Analyst Warns

Not a huge fan of the UB but I love me some NMD's as well. They look good but the comfort level is on another level and the same goes for the Pure Boost's. I'm a big fan of the trend towards knit materials in general, primeknit and Flynit for the big 2 and even UA has developed the "threadborne" line.

Reaction Score
Tried to buy Adidas golf shoes and couldn't come close to finding something that would fit. They aren't competing very well.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Saw a good point made that Under Armor hasn't bridged the gap between selling athletic apparel and equipment, and selling "lifestyle" apparel and equipment. And so they're still playing catch-up big-time. They are, of course, a much younger company than the other two
UA is doing fine not selling stuff people wear to the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom