Katz | The Boneyard

Katz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to Andy Katz, NBC being the most aggressive network with BE contract negotations. Also, C7 expected to leave in summer of 2014.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
According to Andy Katz, NBC being the most aggressive network with BE contract negotations. Also, C7 expected to leave in summer of 2014.
Which big east? The football half I assume

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

This doesn't shock me. I was actually more shocked when I was hearing that it was FOX. In the end, I don't care who it is, as long as the deal is palatable (although my definition of "palatable" seems to be changing weekly). Do you have a link for the story?

Reaction Score
My hope is that with NBC needing programming for their sports network that maybe the deal is decent. Best we can hope for at this point.

Reaction Score
So we get one more real Big East basketball season. That's good news, I was assuming this year was the end. This gives the new schools another year to boost their basketball prowess before we have to start relying on them to be formidable.

Reaction Score
A new channel would definitely help in rebranding the Big East.

Reaction Score
So we get one more real Big East basketball season. That's good news, I was assuming this year was the end. This gives the new schools another year to boost their basketball prowess before we have to start relying on them to be formidable.
It would be poetic justice if the UConn Huskies, treated with such disrespect this year, were to win the regular season and post season Big East Championships next season! Boy, I would love that.

Reaction Score
It would be poetic justice if the UConn Huskies, treated with such disrespect this year, were to win the regular season and post season Big East Championships next season! Boy, I would love that.
We probably will. We'll have the desire, and with this year under the belt, we'll certainly have the experience and senior leadership. (BAZZ!!!!). But as to the poetic justice, you have to keep in mind that everywhere else in the league, and around the country, they look at Uconn as a dirty program. I mean that sincerely. We don't, but everyone else certainly does. They look at what's happening to us right now the same they look at Miami, or USC, or Ohio State, getting slammed. They think this is poetic justice, just not enough of it. em, I say, but that's the reality.

Reaction Score
We probably will. We'll have the desire, and with this year under the belt, we'll certainly have the experience and senior leadership. (BAZZ!!!!). But as to the poetic justice, you have to keep in mind that everywhere else in the league, and around the country, they look at Uconn as a dirty program. I mean that sincerely. We don't, but everyone else certainly does. They look at what's happening to us right now the same they look at Miami, or USC, or Ohio State, getting slammed. They think this is poetic justice, just not enough of it. em, I say, but that's the reality.
Unfortunately you are right, but it doesn't help when idiotic announcers have no clue what APR means, and all the double jeopardy crap we've been through. They make a point of bring up the sanctions every game, but have no idea what the story behind them is. And I've never heard one of them talk about UNC's academics.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately you are right, but it doesn't help when idiotic announcers have no clue what APR means, and all the double jeopardy crap we've been through. They make a point of bring up the sanctions every game, but have no idea what the story behind them is. And I've never heard one of them talk about UNC's academics.
Right, and we're the last ones who are ever going to bring that up. UNC and Duke are like the only ones who want us in the ACC, so we're not biting that hand. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
Right, and we're the last ones who are ever going to bring that up. UNC and Duke are like the only ones who want us in the ACC, so we're not biting that hand. It is what it is.
That group of schools is still an excellent group of schools to be friends with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom