Katz article on the "ole" Big East going forward | The Boneyard

Katz article on the "ole" Big East going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Some good info, worth the read, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't throw up in my mouth a little...
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ps-new-big-east-conference-college-basketball

"This is the best place for (UConn and Cincinnati),'' said Aresco. "Look at the Pac-12, the Big Ten, the SEC and the ACC and the footprints those have. We're not geographically different than anyone else.''
-Aresco

"Babcock said none of the schools will get a lump check from the departing schools but rather over a seven-year period."

Reaction Score
Ugh, by all means, the Big Suck is the best place for us. Sure pal. Nothing like watching the program you watched rise as a student and reach the pinnacle 3 times in the 21 years since I graduated engage in a long, slow, painful death spiral. Thank you FB program.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like the Big Suck as a conference name. Because it is complete BS if we are in it for more than a year.

Reaction Score
Aresco has not been taking his lithium. He must spend his days in a corner just babbling to himself.

Reaction Score
I understand Aresco isnt going to give quotes to the effect of "yea...this sucks" but come on man. There isn't a single person that pays attention to college sports that honestly thinks that UConn is now in a good situation.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I'm confident hat UConn basketball will continue to be nationally relevant in the Big American Metro (BAM for,short!). Unfortunately, that seems to play little role in how attractive UConn would be to the B1G or ACC. The onus is entirely on the football team. If they struggle, it will be a hard sell.
Michigan's request to move their game in Sept. to a bigger venue to accommodate their alumni underscores just how small the Rent is compared to big time program's stadia.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
LOL.

Yes, making $15M/$20M less a year than all regional competition, with no national exposure and no rivals is the best place for UConn.

We get it. He can't say the conference sucks and UConn is ducked, but this is just beyond ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom