Katie Samuelson game in Springfield...specifics | The Boneyard

Katie Samuelson game in Springfield...specifics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
On Friday January 17 at 6:00 Mater Dei with elite junior Katie will be playing ArchBishop Williams
[Braintree Ma.] at Springfield College. There is another top level game...7:30...Braintree High versus CTK with former UConn target Sierra Calhoun....a Duke verbal...sis of UConn's Omar Calhoun. We have read that Katie plans to make an unofficial visit to UConn that weekend.
She apparently will not get to see a game...just practice...as UConn plays at Rutgers on that Sunday.
Here's hoping the whole team comes down to campus and gets some wisdom from Mater Dei alum KML.

Note: Greg Procino...director of the HOF...continues to bring UConn-related studs to Springfield College...solid attendance figures augmented by UConn fans just might have something to do with that. Thanks to Greg!

BTW: the Guy-side games are played Saturday thru Monday of that weekend....maybe 5 games each day. The number of elite national teams and blue chip players are amazing...it is arguably THE best high school event of the season. I don't know if UConn and KO are targeting any of the kids playing. We do have a verbal from Daniel Hamilton of Los Angeles...I don't know if his team is playing.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just based on the teams coming from all around the country [the vast majority are playing in the boys' event] the expenses for all this travel and hotels and meals must be considerable. I have heard that the HOF has sponsors who help defray the costs in a big way.

That big Nike [girls] event in Arizona near Christmas has many, many more teams than this HOF event. I assume their expenses are offset as well in a big way.

Reaction Score
Just based on the teams coming from all around the country [the vast majority are playing in the boys' event] the expenses for all this travel and hotels and meals must be considerable. I have heard that the HOF has sponsors who help defray the costs in a big way.

That big Nike [girls] event in Arizona near Christmas has many, many more teams than this HOF event. I assume their expenses are offset as well in a big way.
Nike, for one, sponsors some individual teams around the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom