Katie Lou's stats are EVEN more amazing... | The Boneyard

Katie Lou's stats are EVEN more amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
KLS vs Dayton.jpeg

Last night, in UConn's 98-65 drubbing of Dayton, Katie Lou Samuelson scored every which way she could. Her final stats were EVEN better...

10. KLS had a total of 10 baskets to score her twenty nine points.
8. She was fouled often enough to shoot 8 free throws.
6. Her 6 rebounds were matched by 6 assists.
4. Katie Lou netted 4 threes for a 50% accuracy rate.
2. She committed only 2 fouls and stayed in the game for thirty three minutes.

For the season, KLS now has played 132 minutes, scored 70 points from the field, grabbed 20 rebounds, made 16 threes & had 4 steals. She is playing EVEN better than many thought she would... ;)

Go Katie Lou..!!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
View attachment 17092

Last night, in UConn's 98-65 drubbing of Dayton, Katie Lou Samuelson scored every which way she could. Her final stats were EVEN better...

For the season, KLS now has played 132 minutes, scored 70 points from the field, grabbed 20 rebounds, made 16 threes & had 4 steals. She is playing EVEN better than many thought she would... ;)

Go Katie Lou..!!

Her many fist pumps and floor burns can't be counted. Or how often she draws defenders away from teammates to get them "open.":)

Reaction Score
I was worried about Katie Lou this year after the first 2 games. I was counting on her to become the next Stewie to win a championship this year. It wasn't clear if she would step up her game or cruise along at the "not so great" level. Now it seems clear that she is going to have a breakout year, to become another great one. Whew. At the rate of improvement going on with team chemistry and ability, it looks like we are going to be unbeatable in March/April.

Reaction Score
I thought this is expected if she ranked no. 1 out of high school, and winning at least two if not three or four NCAA championships is also expected if she chooses uconn. Only one or less if she chooses other university. (Say, Baylor, or ND)

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Wow, this was only the 4th game, and her stats are awesome. The future is looking brighter for this UConn team. I love the way the team is playing. This team really have good chemistry, and it's only going to get better.

Reaction Score
Great start to the season for KLS.................she will never be Brianna but neither will anybody else......My only concern is whether she has BS's stamina to play at this level for an entire season

Reaction Score
View attachment 17092

Go Katie Lou..!!

Great posting---Thanks. Question for a master analyzer --. Does the team run more smoothly and seem to have better direction when Dangerfield is in the game--even when Chong is in there with her OR am I delusional (again)??? Analyzers are analysts aren't they?
I don't propose Dangerfield start--not yet she has lots of learning to do--but to me it appears it becomes a team with purpose when she get in there.

Reaction Score
Great start to the season for KLS.......she will never be Brianna but neither will anybody else.My only concern is whether she has BS's stamina to play at this level for an entire season
Charlie-Katie Lou--if you look at her physique she is sturdy--put on weight over the summer--with the rugged practices etc where she will be the center of most actions--I suspect she'll do really well over the long haul.. Stewie has a frame that looked less rugged--people make very bad judgements about thin frames ..

Reaction Score
Charlie-Katie Lou--if you look at her physique she is sturdy--put on weight over the summer--with the rugged practices etc where she will be the center of most actions--I suspect she'll do really well over the long haul.. Stewie has a frame that looked less rugged--people make very bad judgements about thin frames ..

Concerned bout her knees/lower body..............Stewie was like Gumby.............she was often contorted in all directions but rarely got hurt other then ankle sprains..........

Reaction Score
Great posting---Thanks. Question for a master analyzer --. Does the team run more smoothly and seem to have better direction when Dangerfield is in the game--even when Chong is in there with her OR am I delusional (again)???
It's like night and day--she is a true PG and the whole team is more dynamic and flows more smoothly with her at the helm. This is not a slight on Saniya; I just can't deny what my eyes are showing me. I'm surely not a master analyzer.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Great posting---Thanks. Question for a master analyzer --. Does the team run more smoothly and seem to have better direction when Dangerfield is in the game--even when Chong is in there with her OR am I delusional (again)??? Analyzers are analysts aren't they?
I don't propose Dangerfield start--not yet she has lots of learning to do--but to me it appears it becomes a team with purpose when she get in there.

Broadway - Yes. Ms. Crystal move them where she wants them to be :). Crystal can go at a fast pace or she can slow it down. I am so amazed by her, because she is just a freshmen. I also noticed, Crystal minutes are huge. She is fine coming off the bench right now, because she is still learning.

Reaction Score
Saniya can run the point but I view her more as a shooting guard...........Crystal is a pass first, shoot second player..........I wouldn't be surprised to see more of both of them in the back court at the same time

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
View attachment 17092

Go Katie Lou..!!
David, sometimes your posts are a little ODD, but not this one. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

Reaction Score
It's like night and day--she is a true PG and the whole team is more dynamic and flows more smoothly with her at the helm. This is not a slight on Saniya; I just can't deny what my eyes are showing me. I'm surely not a master analyzer.
Danger has to start and soon. The team starts too slowly with Danger on the bench. Do we really want to start slowly with DePaul, Texas, and ND? I think not. Danger!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Danger has to start and soon. The team starts too slowly with Danger on the bench. Do we really want to start slowly with DePaul, Texas, and ND? I think not. Danger!

Dangerfield isn't just starting on the bench, she's learning. If you notice the coaches are frequently talking to her helping her see things. When she enters the game she is ready to roll. Understanding what to expect and what the opposition is trying to do. Knowledge informs skills.

I said, originally, I expected December 1st or after she begins to start but not if there is still more they want her to see and understand. Everything in good time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro