Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tonsilitis, I didn't know.
I'm really glad she's getting a rest.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is really bad news for her opponents!

Playing with these two USA teams allowed me to see so many talented players and how hard they are willing to work,” Samuelson said. “They also showed me my weaknesses. I really want to focus on being a better and quicker defender and on becoming more of an inside player. I need to be a better player and there are a lot of things that I need to do to be one. I know that I can’t slack off at all. I have a lot of work ahead of me.”

She sounds like she's fully aware of what many of us saw when we watched the games. Not that she was a "bad" defender, but that she certainly can be better at it. Maybe some of it was due to injuries, and some just due to needing to be a better defender...

She also sounds like Maya and Stewie and most of the other UCONN greats - "I have a lot of work to do", "I want to be better", "I know coach can help me be the best I possibly can be", "I have learned so much from these other great players"... It's so refreshing to see the kids who come to UCONN that are so phenomenally talented, and yet so humble AND hungry. Their passion for the game and their lives in general is wonderful to see...

Another wonderful quote... “It was hard being injured and not playing as much as I would have liked to. At the end we got the win and did it with people I love. And being around two people that I’ll be going to UConn with and playing four years with was a great opportunity. I appreciated the trust that they all had in me.”

HGN

Reaction Score
Ohhh, I just love this lady's attitude and drive. She has internal drive and spirit , recognizes her own weaknesses , and is willing to put in the extra work to get better could make her one of UConn's greats.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Three possible subtitles for the heading of the article:

"The Right Stuff"

"True Grit"

"The Heart of a Champion"

Take your pick.

HGN

Reaction Score
:):)Kibitzer, I go with "that one" because she epitomizes that phrase. Just look it up in the dictionary and there her face is. So that's the reason I picked that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom